Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying flash in Japan- import taxes?

Options
  • 28-12-2019 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a flash for my good, old pal A200.
    I've found an eBay listing for a new Hvl-F42am. The only issue it's a listing from Japan.
    I don't mind waiting time but I'm curious would it be still worth it considering all the taxes and customs I presume had to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Are you buying new or used? I'm seeing one on eBay (Japan) new @$167+25 shipping; I can get the same used on several French sites for 45€ or less (plus postage).

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Are you buying new or used? I'm seeing one on eBay (Japan) new @+25 shipping; I can get the same used on several French sites for 45€ or less (plus postage).

Yes, that's the one. I don't mind paying extra for a new one over an used.
    Haven't seen the french ones, with that price I could be tempted. I've only saw ones from Austria for around 100€ or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

The lowest price one that's showing for me is actually coming from the UK (£31 on eBay)
    Otherwise
    40€ Cash converter type place in Nancy
    60€ LeBonCoin département 93 (NE Paris, beside CdG airport) sold in the time it took me to write this!
    65€ LeBonCoin central Paris (will post at extra charge)
    80€ LeBonCoin département 92 (between Paris and Versailles)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Now the more I read, the more I think about the F43M, but it is still kinda pricey. Or F43AM.

Advertisement