Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Cork

Options
  • 28-12-2019 11:20pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1

The body of a man was found outside a derelict house on the Boreenamana Road in Cork today. The victim suffered severe injuries and a murder investigation has been launched.

From what I have heard this is a very gruesome case and the motivation is unclear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sad way to end the year, esp with a number of high profile murders, one of them on that same road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Butchered. No head, arms or legs. Gardaí saying they have never seen anything like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Butchered. No head, arms or legs. Gardaí saying they have never seen anything like it.

Yeah, gruesome stuff.

RTE keeps it understated... "it is understood the injuries to his body indicate he died violently".

For sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, gruesome stuff.

RTE keeps it understated... "it is understood the injuries to his body indicate he died violently".

For sure.

Gardai were treating the death as suspicious yesterday!
    In an abandoned house, probably some drug addled nutjob. If not some eastern European revenge thing.
    https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiOWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9uZXdzLzIwMTkvMTIyOC8xMTAzMzg4LWJvZHktY29yay1jaXR5L9IBH2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9hbXAvMTEwMzM4OC8?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

The victim is thought to be a homeless man in his 50s.

The dismemberment may have been an attempt to dispose of the body... The head and limbs were found nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

There does seem to be an increase in violence in Cork I find this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Dehguil99 wrote: »

Think about it, if circumstances were different and he was at home for Christmas would he have met such a gruesome demise?

Probably not Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can you say what part of the north side as I am from that part of the city so I am wondering could it be someone I might know ?

Surely if it was someone you might know, the bush telegraph would already have alerted you to that fact?

Do you have a homeless friend or acquaintance in his mid 50s?
    Is he missing or incommunicado?
    Probably him then...

Rather than engage in a gossip fishing expedition, perhaps ask those from that part of the city you hail from?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,201 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In his 60s according to RTÉ 6.1

The first thing I thought of was the Mardyke alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

enricoh wrote: »
    Gardai were treating the death as suspicious yesterday!
    In an abandoned house, probably some drug addled nutjob. If not some eastern European revenge thing.
    https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiOWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9uZXdzLzIwMTkvMTIyOC8xMTAzMzg4LWJvZHktY29yay1jaXR5L9IBH2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJ0ZS5pZS9hbXAvMTEwMzM4OC8?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

As opposed to what? Natural Causes?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Rte are still reporting that the gardai are saying the deceased details won't be released until relatives are informed. I hope they didn't find out that horrendous news online because Paul Byrne wanted the first scoop.

Shocking story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

"and loved the crack" in replies possibly not the most appropriate wording right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Yeah, gruesome stuff.

For sure.
    I think that's normal in Ireland with particularly gruesome deaths. There was another extremely gruesome killing this year that was very understated in the media. There were journalists aware of the details but I would guess they were asked not to go into details for the sake of the family.

The perpetrator in that case handed himself in incidentally, so it's not the same person who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Be right back

SeaFields wrote: »
    Rte are still reporting that the gardai are saying the deceased details won't be released until relatives are informed. I hope they didn't find out that horrendous news online because Paul Byrne wanted the first scoop.

Shocking story.
    I hope they knew beforehand too. What a terrible way to go. May Francis rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A horrific act of savagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God love him and his family, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

What a horrific act of violence. The poor victim wasn’t even granted dignity in his death, to have his body disrespected in such a gruesome manner. May he Rest In Peace & I hope his final moments were quick & not drawn out.

The Mardyke incident was the first thing that came to my mind also, I truly hope they aren’t connected and it’s just a nasty coincidence.
    Homeless people are vulnerable enough without being specifically targeted like this.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The Mardyke incident was the first thing that came to my mind also, I truly hope they aren’t connected and it’s just a nasty coincidence.
    Homeless people are vulnerable enough without being specifically targeted like this.

Did they ever find the killer behind that incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I don’t think they ever did, they where saying it could have been a group of people and that’s about all I heard.

RIP to the poor guy who had to face this kind of death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They said they had two suspects, but they were not in the city at the time of this latest murder.

The strange thing is that his head and arms were found close by so it wasn't even an attempt at a cover up, just savage butchery.

Poor man and his family.

I know factually the murder stats are not going up but the level of violence involved seems to be rising.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

pinkyeye wrote: »
    The strange thing is that his head and arms were found close by so it wasn't even an attempt at a cover up, just savage butchery.
    Why even move the head & arms anyhow?

I know, just bizarre altogether. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

pinkyeye wrote: »

I know factually the murder stats are not going up but the level of violence involved seems to be rising.

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

It may have been an attempt to ensure the body could not be identified when it was found (assuming you dispose of the remains separately).

Unbelievably macabre stuff. So hard for his family and friends. Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    Wut

The numbers of people being murdered are remaining on a similar level but the violence used during the actual murders is increasing.
    E.g. This murder is way more violent than a shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Im not from Cork but is it fair to assume that this is the 2nd murder of a homeless person in Cork city this year, both murders very barbaric in nature.

I wonder why the homeless men are being targeted in this manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

kravmaga wrote: »
    Im not from Cork but is it fair to assume that this is the 2nd murder of a homeless person in Cork city this year, both murders very barbaric in nature.

It's the 3rd homeless murder in 3 months or so. And there's been another few high profile non-homeless ones in the 2nd half of the year. It's been a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

kravmaga wrote: »

this is terribly and dreadfully sad. Cork does seem to be even more weird than Dublin.
    Homeless are dreadfully vulnerable.

There is a weird, shocking, divide in this country: between firstly, the Millionaires who are drawing in rents from the State and thus ensuring that their many mortgages will be paid;
    and secondly, the Social Employed workers (many Unionised), and in this kind of case, these would be the plethora of hostels.

The cute link that maintains these two is: Insecurity. Insecurity of Tenure.

And the people that pay the ultimate price for this deliberate inattention by the political 'elites', is Frankie.

R.I.P.

Advertisement