Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

TheChizler wrote: »
    Feeling nervous somewhere doesn't make that place a no go area. Plenty of normal people go there, you apparently would go there with company. If you feel uncomfortable in a place then fair enough, but don't use language more suitable for describing a Brazilian favela.

Not nervous, I won’t go there. The definition of a no go area.

Having been in Brazil in the last 5 years I can tell you some of the favelas are quite pleasant these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Lillyfae wrote: »
    And yes, that there are places that I would not walk through alone anymore.
    Which is it?

If you're narrowing the definition of a common phrase to just mean what you would personally do in a poor attempt to save face then you've gone beyond ridiculous. Flogging a dead horse now, point made I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I don't want to criticize anyone, it's just annoying when people say things that are clearly not true and then don't acknowledge it when others politely correct them.

It’s just annoying when people say things you don’t agree with. It shouldn’t be allowed. We should all be thanking you for putting us straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s just annoying when people say things you don’t agree with. It shouldn’t be allowed. We should all be thanking you for putting us straight.

Shut up you clown.

I take back what I said about you ever being right, at least Lillyfae has some elements of being a constructive poster. You're nothing but a joke.

Mod

Banned

Shut up you clown.

I take back what I said about you ever being right, at least Lillyfae has some elements of being a constructive poster. You're nothing but a joke.

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Shut up you clown.

Your hostility, aggression and downright nastiness just negated any pertinent points you might have had. That was uncalled for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shut up you clown.

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Having been in Brazil in the last 5 years I can tell you some of the favelas are quite pleasant these days.

Really? I would struggle to think of any part of the city centre or any city centre in Ireland that could be comparable to a typical favela. The amount of crime in the nicest areas of Sao Paolo or Rio is quite shocking. My fourth and most recent trip to Brazil was three months ago and thankfully never robbed but have come across plenty who have.
    You can walk through jardins or leblon and have a far higher chance of being robbed etc than any city center in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Really? I would struggle to think of any part of the city centre or any city centre in Ireland that could be comparable to a typical favela. The amount of crime in the nicest areas of Sao Paolo or Rio is quite shocking. My fourth and most recent trip to Brazil was three months ago and thankfully never robbed but have come across plenty who have.
    You can walk through jardins or leblon and have a far higher chance of being robbed etc than any city center in Ireland.

I was glibly responding to a poster trying to extract yet another ridiculous comparison to Cork. Rio is obviously a dangerous city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The old tax office before they tore it down was a no go area, all the junkies were hanging around there. Imagine going down the side of that alone at 3/4 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

There’s a story going around Cork this morning about what happened here and who done it. If it’s true then by god it’s not a nice story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Ush1 wrote: »
    Christ that's some axe you have to grind there.:pac:[/QUOTE

Not too wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gardai are trying to trace an Eastern European national who left Cork within 24 hours of Mr Dunne's body being found and who, CCTV camera footage has indicated, may have met the homeless man in the day before his death.

Having studied CCTV footage and spoken to local residents, gardaontacted the man's former employer in a bid to trace him.

A subsequent analysis of the man's mobile phone indicated he had travelled to Belfast on December 28/29.

Subsequent analysis of the phone revealed he travelled onwards to Edinburgh.

It is now believed that he left Scotland to return to his native Eastern Europe.

Detectives have learned that the man, after a disagreement with his male partner, had moved out of his normal accommodation several weeks ago.

The man had been squatting in a premises on Boreenmanna Road over recent times.

Gardai believe that the individual was in the company of Mr Dunne - who had been staying in a Cork Simon-operated support facility on Boreenmanna Road - on Friday December 27 and possibly into Saturday December 28.

Detectives are also investigating whether the man may be linked to the theft of €1,000 from a premises in Cork less than 2km from the murder site.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/the-grief-and-pain-is-unbearable-daughter-of-murdered-homeless-man-hopes-that-justice-is-served-38850700.html

The Irish Independent love salacious details as much if not more so then the red tops. Ralph Riegel is the worst. How can someone with such poor vocabulary and general knowledge be taken seriously as a journalist with a “big” newspaper? I see the deceased’s requiem mass was “staged”?!? Just a pretend mass or something Ralph ? He couldn’t have a “real” requiem mass? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Irish Independent love salacious details as much if not more so then the red tops. Ralph Riegel is the worst. How can someone with such poor vocabulary and general knowledge be taken seriously as a journalist with a “big” newspaper? I see the deceased’s requiem mass was “staged”?!? Just a pretend mass or something Ralph ? He couldn’t have a “real” requiem mass? Really?
    yep pretty bad alright. i bet he was itching to go with "gay lover" instead of "male partner"

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    There’s a story going around Cork this morning about what happened here and who done it. If it’s true then by god it’s not a nice story.

The hole in the attic ceiling?

yep pretty bad alright. i bet he was itching to go with "gay lover" instead of "male partner"

I don’t know how some of these cretins sleep at night. Reaching and reaching desperately to introduce a sexual motive for the crime. As if it wasn’t horrific enough for the immediate family. He’ll go too far some day and end up getting a few thumps from some one.

The hole in the attic ceiling?
    Without naming any names, it appears as if this was a disagreement over a debt owed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,924 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Heard that the story doing the rounds has a strong element of truth to it. Sad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Heard that the story doing the rounds has a strong element of truth to it. Sad situation.

Classy stuff for a Mod to be speculating about on a public forum.

How do you know what story/gossip is doing the rounds?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Because he's in Cork, obviously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,924 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

???
    There are a few stories doing the rounds.
    You'd have to have your head up your arse not to know that.

The one 'mentioned' in the last few posts is particular, and has truth in it, I do know that.
    That's not speculation on my part.

Stay classy though fella.;)

Because he's in Cork, obviously.

So everyone in Cork is after hearing the same one rumour why what happened to to a victim of murder happened?

And even though the man was only just buried and his family and friends as well as a lot of the general public are still in shock and no one has been arrested it's fine for a Mod on the biggest public forum in the country to state that he has heard that the rumours going around are true?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

???
    There are a few stories doing the rounds.
    You'd have to have your head up your arse not to know that.

The one 'mentioned' in the last few posts is particular, and has truth in it, I do know that.
    That's not speculation on my part.

Stay classy though fella.;)

Get a grip on yourself and have some manners.

So everyone in Cork is after hearing the same one rumour why what happened to to a victim of murder happened?

And even though the man was only just buried and his family and friends as well as a lot of the general public are still in shock and no one has been arrested it's fine for a Mod on the biggest public forum in the country to state that he has heard that the rumours going around are true?

A lot of people have it, of course they have. In this day and age you'd be incorrect to think that such news would not spread like wildfire.

If you actually listened to the news, one of the reason there hasn't been someone arrested is because the person they are looking for has travelled to Eastern Europe, via Belfast to Edinburgh I think they said. They clearly believe that person can help them one way or another.

Get a grip on yourself and have some manners.

Oh the irony.

A lot of people have it, of course they have. In this day and age you'd be incorrect to think that such news would not spread like wildfire.

If you actually listened to the news, one of the reason there hasn't been someone arrested is because the person they are looking for has travelled to Eastern Europe, via Belfast to Edinburgh I think they said.

Oh the irony.

I'm well aware of what was disclosed on the news.

I'm well aware of what was disclosed on the news.

Good.

Hopefully he's caught and can aid the guards with their inquiries.
    Full and correct closure for the family might be of some comfort for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

What's meant to have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

KM792 wrote: »
    What's meant to have happened?

Yeah what is the rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

Cops are looking for a Romanian who has fled Ireland for the killing https://m.herald.ie/news/person-of-interest-in-frankie-murder-lived-secretly-in-shops-attic-38897420.html

Advertisement