Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Watches

Options
  • 29-12-2019 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to get mens watches as groomsman gifts. Does anywhere know of anywhere that does designer watches at good prices??

Thanks in advance

Comments

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking to get mens watches as groomsman gifts. Does anywhere know of anywhere that does designer watches at good prices??

Thanks in advance

Giving an approx budget will help you greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Giving an approx budget will help you greatly.

Totally agree...€100 but less would be great😀😀😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

There is a watch forum on here, but I think if you ask in there, most would discourage this choice for a gift.

"Designer" watches (fossil, michael kors, anything from a fashion company) are actually rubbish in terms of quality, they're just quartz and anyone who is actually into their watches would find them naff.

A decent automatic Seiko would be nice but you're talking minimum a couple hundred for that. Or perhaps a Citizen eco drive, most people like them, and like an auto they never need a battery change.

But be aware watch taste is HIGHLY personal, as is fit. I would never want anyone to pick out a watch for me unless they knew exactly what ones I liked.

People's wrist size varies a lot, as does their preference for case size which can be from, for men, typically mid to upper 30s to mid 40s, and just a mill or 2 makes a huge difference.

And then some people like watches on metal bracelets, some on Nato straps, some like leather. A metal bracelet will almost never fit correctly out of the box and will require either a trip to a jeweler or having the tools and knowhow to remove/add links.

There is a watch forum on here, but I think if you ask in there, most would discourage this choice for a gift.

"Designer" watches (fossil, michael kors, anything from a fashion company) are actually rubbish in terms of quality, they're just quartz and anyone who is actually into their watches would find them naff.

A decent automatic Seiko would be nice but you're talking minimum a couple hundred for that. Or perhaps a Citizen eco drive, most people like them, and like an auto they never need a battery change.

But be aware watch taste is HIGHLY personal, as is fit. I would never want anyone to pick out a watch for me unless they knew exactly what ones I liked.

People's wrist size varies a lot, as does their preference for case size which can be from, for men, typically mid to upper 30s to mid 40s, and just a mill or 2 makes a huge difference.

And then some people like watches on metal bracelets, some on Nato straps, some like leather. A metal bracelet will almost never fit correctly out of the box and will require either a trip to a jeweler or having the tools and knowhow to remove/add links.

Very valid points here. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Looking for a reduction on this one if anyone sees let me know please...

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-en/shop/chrono-xl-bgr-chrq-black-pvd-beige-black.html

• Advertisement

100 euro is very low, though you can get the Seiko Field watch for that, which is probably the only automatic you can get for that price, and imo the best watch you can get for just under 100.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Analogue-Automatic-Watch-Textile/dp/B000LTAY1U

Other than that you're looking at Timex quartz watches, which are nice enough and reliable, check out timex.eu. The weekenders or easy readers are classic.

While not high end by any means, Seiko and Timex are at least proper watchmaking companies, which make them much better choices than fashion/designer watches.

This is a really nice gift set for the weekender, 88 quid, comes with 2 leather straps (brown and black). https://www.timex.eu/en_GB/weekender-40mm-2-piece-leather-strap-watch-gift-set/Weekender-40mm-2-Piece-Leather-Strap-Watch-Gift-Set.html

The website pics dont really do it justice, look up #timexweekender on insta to see what they really look like.

It's a very classic and versatile watch, but as it's just gone christmas they are out of stock. You can set up email alerts on the site though for any products you like to get notified when they are back in

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Orient Bambino best call I would say

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    Orient Bambino best call I would say

Ooh, Forgot those are actually pretty cheap now. Not far over 100.00 and definitely a classier, nicer looking watch for a gift than what i suggested, and an auto movement.

Check out the Bambinos OP, you wont get better bang for your buck they look like they cost way more than what they do and are a nice dress watch that any man could wear and very reliable too

Great thanks guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement