Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People others cannot stand but you love for some inexplicable reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Hard Republicans hate him, but I think Joe Biden is a brilliant choice for a president of the United States.

Daithí Ó'Sé. A lot of people can't stand him, and he's an awful eejit...but that's what I like about him. He can be very funny.

He seems really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

touts wrote: »
    Boris Johnson. I mean the guy is ****ed up in so many ways but you still look at him and think yea he isn't that bad compared to othera. Take the other Prime Ministers, Taoiseachs, First Ministers we've had on these islands recently

Tony Blair
    Gordon Brown
    David Cameron
    Treasa May
    Bertie Ahern
    Brian Cowen
    Enda Kenny
    Leo Varadkar
    Ian Paisley
    Peter Robinson
    Arlene Foster
    Boris Johnson

Seriously if you had to pick one leader to be your mate and hang out with it would probably be Boris. He looks like he's be a bit of craic on a night out, would pay his fair share and wouldn't make a show of you at the end by vomiting in the back of the taxi. And as for running a country. Well most of that list utterly ****ed up the economy of what they were in charge of and the ones that didn't kept the economy going by either war or blatant corruption.

Boris ain't the worst.

This has aged well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

vriesmays wrote: »
    Liz Hurley - attractive, sexy, cool, tomboyish and always happy. Exactly the type other women dislike.

How is she " Tomboyish " ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Probably already said but bono

• Advertisement

poisonated wrote: »
    Probably already said but bono

What's the difference between God and Bono?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What's the difference between God and Bono?...

God doesn't think he's Bono?

Oh, I love reading and waiting for what Carla Belucci has to say next...
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/13484138/spending-8k-myself-christmas-three-kids-nothing-fuming/amp/
    Absolute grinch, but I find her interviews amusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

James Corden. Never watched ‘Gavin and Stacey’ but in that sports quiz he’s got on Sky and the talk show in the States he seems fine.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Peter Hitchens (he's actually gas craic imo)

Donald Trump (I really don't like his son though)

Jordon Peterson ( much maligned, you hate him before you ever heard him open his mouth)

Boris Johnson ( Initially I didn't like him, but later I think there is more to him I initially thought)

Maggie Thatcher ( some mis-steps along the way but I still think she was a total gem)

• Advertisement

Ricky Gervais

Vogue Williams, Gwyneth Paltrow and erm the British Royal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Putin brought down Soviet Russia, didn't you know?

Did he?

He always talks about how it's the worst thing that happened Russia

Did he?

He always talks about how it's the worst thing that happened Russia

In Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia regrets Putin.

Jenna Ryan. Not as a person, but I find her tweets amusing. She is a real try-hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭randd1

AllForIt wrote: »
    Jordon Peterson ( much maligned, you hate him before you ever heard him open his mouth)

Can't understand the dislike for him. He's not the right wing nut he's made out to be (he clearly leans left on most issues), and he readily backs ups his arguments with well founded research from multiple viewpoints.

All he does is basically just speak common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Jonny Wilkinson

Your Face wrote: »
    Jonny Wilkinson

As in the rugby player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Gordon Ramsay. A lot of people think hes a vile nasty pr!ck but he actually seems a decent guy who knows his stuff and pretty funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Gordon Ramsay. A lot of people think hes a vile nasty pr!ck but he actually seems a decent guy who knows his stuff and pretty funny too.

He is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

He is.

How do you know that? You are just reacting to a carefully edited persona of his kitchen shows on tv.

How do you know that? You are just reacting to a carefully edited persona of his kitchen shows on tv.

I wonder how good the editing was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Check out Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point from the late 90's. The way he treats his kitchen staff in that show is utterly appalling.

https://youtu.be/Mz_01tjBwAE

Check out Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point from the late 90's. The way he treats his kitchen staff in that show is utterly appalling.

https://youtu.be/Mz_01tjBwAE

I'm sure a lot of bosses are like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sure they're not. He picked up that arsehole behaviour from working for Marco Pierre White.

Dunno how unpopular Taio Cruz is (I'm sure a lot of people were sick of hearing "Break Your Heart" or "Dynamite" on the radio ad nauseam, back in his heyday) but I really like some of his "after he was famous" stuff, such as "Signs" with HUGEL.

It's a pity his newer stuff hasn't been as successful. It's quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Jeremy Clarkson, funny, clever individual who doesn't take himself too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Bad ones are. You don't have to be a dick to your staff as a head chef, restaurant owner or any other business owner. treat you staff like dirt and it wont end well for you.

Jeremy Clarkson, funny, clever individual who doesn't take himself too seriously.

James May was my favourite of the three Top Gear (2002-2015)/Grand Tour hosts.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Bad ones are. You don't have to be a dick to your staff as a head chef, restaurant owner or any other business owner. treat you staff like dirt and it wont end well for you.

I've had to quit work experience placements because I've had to work with uncompromising people.

Advertisement