Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re Phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 29-12-2019 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've just moved into a house with a Phonewatch alarm already installed. I've been in contact with them regarding monitoring, they say the only option is for them to phone me if the alarm goes off. Due to the nature of my job, I can't take calls during work, so ideally I need a system that will text me.
    Anybody know if I can set up my current system with a sim card that will text if the alarm goes off?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What kind of system do you have installed? If it's their newer control panel (branded PhoneWatch on the front, with camera PIRs) then it's a closed protocol and PhoneWatch have pretty much locked it down and your only option is to use whatever option PhoneWatch give you. If it's their new panel and they call you, you may be able to use the app to check the system.

Advertisement