Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Untappd

• 29-12-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here use this app?

Seems to be a good way of keeping track of beers you’ve tried so you remember what’s good and what isn’t.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah I use it, however I don't really rate it.

I tried it and then realised there was no way to add in all the beers you’ve had previously without it making each one into a ‘post’ so didn’t bother with it then. You’d want to start it when you start drinking in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Use it to keep track of what I've had and to see what friends with similar tastes are rating too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Although it is handy to see what's pouring in your usual spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I use it frequently. Good app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

RasTa wrote: »
    Although it is handy to see what's pouring in your usual spots.

Or to see where to find decent beer if you're abroad.

Otherwise I just use it to keep track of what I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Found it invaluable to track down craft bars in Spain and Italy where there was extremely poor info anywhere else. Google Maps tagging has usually been more fruitful for me but those two countries totally threw it

I do check in on it to provide fresh data for people looking for info, though a lot of them are the only craft in an entire pub such as the Wicklow Wolf in front of me right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Also useful for an impromptu "verified venue" pub crawl if you are in a new city.

Is there any way to update with old stuff without making a ‘post’ each time? It’s been a long time since I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Is there any way to update with old stuff without making a ‘post’ each time? It’s been a long time since I tried.

You mean beers that you want to check in that you had months ago? If so, no is the short answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Does anyone on here use this app?

Seems to be a good way of keeping track of beers you’ve tried so you remember what’s good and what isn’t.

Yep use it all the time to track what I've had and what types of beers I like. I travel a lot with work and found it great for finding bars with up to date beer information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I've started using Untappd again (used it for a period, then didn't have craft beer so much up until recently). I find it very simple & easy to use. Allows me to keep a list of beers I try, share photos and check beers I am on the fence about (esp when we used to be able to go to the pub...!).

However, the badges feature drives me nuts. I, for one, don't care for all the badges. There are so many I can't keep track of what I do or do not have. They just clutter each post, in my opinion, and are a nuisance when one posts a check-in then get a pop up with X cards for the badges you just recieved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can turn some of the badges off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

irish_goat wrote: »
    You can turn some of the badges off.

Went hunting through the settings and I think I found the setting you have identified. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I think the app is great for keeping track of what I've tried and what I like.

I started using it when I got into craft beers so it way very handy when I was trying all the different types.
    The latest update allows you to add in beers you had before so that should address the concerns above

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I think the app is great for keeping track of what I've tried and what I like.

I started using it when I got into craft beers so it way very handy when I was trying all the different types.
    The latest update allows you to add in beers you had before so that should address the concerns above

That’s been a huge miss for ages, good to head it’s finally fixed.

That’s been a huge miss for ages, good to head it’s finally fixed.

It's funny when they announced it loads of people were complaining that people would add in loads of beers just to get the badges... does it really matter haha

How do you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I've been using it for a few years.
    Who's got the highest score (unique beers)?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Lurching wrote: »
    I've been using it for a few years.
    Who's got the highest score (unique beers)?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Greg81 wrote: »

Just ahead of you: 2,272. :D

Advertisement