Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Arial Signals - Finn Valley Area

Options
  • 29-12-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Is there currently work being undertaken on TV Masts in the Finn Valley Area? Had a new TV Arial fitted recently. TVs were tuned in a had loads of Saorview and Terrestial channels.

More recently, the RTEs, TG4 and Virgin Channels have gone a bit flaky. The picture keeps pixelating. Thats a sign of a poor signal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Havent noticed anything myself recently. The Saorview channels can go off air maybe a handful of times a year for a few hours or so at a time and Im told that its due to atmospheric high pressure. I doubt that though.

The Freeview channels from the Strabane transmitter are normally solid but late last night they were off/on for several hours.

You may need your aerial checked again. I dont know if its relevant in your case but all the frequencies for the freeview channels were changed several months ago and TV's had to be retuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Saorview did a reshuffle last year to accommodate the EUs need for one of the channels it was using up here, maybe that could be the issue.

All the channels here now have full stops after their names ever since... "RTE 1." Etc.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/changes

Says the mast you should be connecting to isn't going to be affected by the change, so moot I guess.

Advertisement