Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours sheep on my land

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Young95

Theres a Ram in our land for the past few weeks. I have asked all the neigbours around who keep sheep and it doesnt belong to any of them. How can I find out who it belongs to? Have the tag number.

Where are you from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Yep ring DVO, in order to comply with a herd number sheep have to have good fencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Theres a Ram in our land for the past few weeks. I have asked all the neigbours around who keep sheep and it doesnt belong to any of them. How can I find out who it belongs to? Have the tag number.

A lamb jumped off a lorry on the motorway, guards came to me and we caught him, I phoned the DVO with the tag number but they would only tell the name of the owner to the guards, lamb was sold in Ballinasloe that day, buyer collected him a few days later, he jumped off the top deck, he was well stiff and sore the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

I'm missing a ram about 5 weeks. Had the sheep in an out farm of about 20 acres. A few big drains in the field. Not many sheep in the area, mainly tillage. Walked the field and surrounding area and can't find him. Said it to a few men in the area but no word.
    He's either in the drain, travelled a good distance looking for love, or somebody lifted him. Would love to know what happened him, he was only a hoggett🤔🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

Young95 wrote: »
    Where are you from ?

Roscommon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

It might be worth putting a notice on local radio, in case he has travelled a bit.

joe35 wrote: »
    I'm missing a ram about 5 weeks. Had the sheep in an out farm of about 20 acres. A few big drains in the field. Not many sheep in the area, mainly tillage. Walked the field and surrounding area and can't find him. Said it to a few men in the area but no word.
    He's either in the drain, travelled a good distance looking for love, or somebody lifted him. Would love to know what happened him, he was only a hoggett🤔🙁

Did you not walk the drain? Vermin don't be long consuming a dead sheep, but you'd still find wool for a good while after.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

Walked it about 5/6 times, father walked it too. Not even a bit of wool showing. There deep drains around the field, but still no sign anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

You'd be surprised how far they'd travel. We had a blackface ewe in with us 3 or 4 years ago. The owner is 3 mile as the crow flies from us. We traced the ewe back to the owner fairly handy because hes the only one around with mountain type ewes. We let him know we had the ewe but he never bothered to come and collect her. One day after about 6 months the ewe was no where to be seen and hasnt been seen since. Often wondered where she ended up.

Walked it about 5/6 times, father walked it too. Not even a bit of wool showing. There deep drains around the field, but still no sign anywhere.

I'd say you can rule out the drain, then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

hopeso wrote: »
    I'd say you can rule out the drain, then.

Noooo could still be in the drain eaten down to bones be the visious drain rats!

Advertisement