Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft springboard course in Data Analytics

• 29-12-2019 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to upskill in my current job (bioinformatics) and possibly changing career further on down the line. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the below course?

https://springboardcourses.ie/details/7479

I'm especially interested as to how it might compare to the NCI course in data analytics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

It's a level 7 NFQ vs the level 8 NCI course, which is one difference. I'd say that's a tick in the negative column. The NCI one also included a couple of modules (at least) on Business Analysis (Babok, when I did it), and communications/presentations, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your own preferences. I think you'd have to get a detailed breakdown for each module to make a judgment. The module titles don't tell you much.

My own thoughts are, though, that if it's going to take the same length of time and if the cost is roughly the same, it's better to do a level 8 course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

ShaneODub wrote: »
    It's a level 7 NFQ vs the level 8 NCI course, which is one difference. I'd say that's a tick in the negative column. The NCI one also included a couple of modules (at least) on Business Analysis (Babok, when I did it), and communications/presentations, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your own preferences. I think you'd have to get a detailed breakdown for each module to make a judgment. The module titles don't tell you much.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm aware of the level 7 vs level 8 difference. I think with either qualification you would be going into a junior analyst role so I'm not sure whether the level 8 would give you much more of a leg up? I also wonder whether having a qualification from a large company like Microsoft would be much of a plus?

I already have a PhD in a different discipline so the communication/presentations aspect wouldn't be something I'm too bothered with as I have plenty experience in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Cant see the course which one is it?

Advertisement