Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 4g broadband?

• 29-12-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi all apologies if this is the wrong area to post but just wondering if anyone has signed up for this ( 300gb a month for €40)

Just wondering a few things. How do people find the speeds ( mainly rural areas ), do I have to use the router sim they give or could I use the one I have atm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Speed varies always .. depending on where you are.

So that question you can only answer yourself. As you already seem to have Vodafone, you should know, what speeds you are getting.

And yes, you have to use the SIM they supplied. Your existing SIM would be for your existing sub.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1001hz

I just signed up for this so maybe someone can help me out. How did you activate the SIM? There doesn't seem to be any phone number linked to the SIM. There is no signal when I put it in the router, probably because the SIM isn't activated. I think normally you call 1907 but that is automated and asks for your number, which I don't have. I also tried putting it my phone to activate it that way but it just says no network available. Was onto support for an hour yesterday and they didn't seem to even know about the product. Getting nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

1001hz wrote: »
    I just signed up for this so maybe someone can help me out. How did you activate the SIM? There doesn't seem to be any phone number linked to the SIM. There is no signal when I put it in the router, probably because the SIM isn't activated. I think normally you call 1907 but that is automated and asks for your number, which I don't have. I also tried putting it my phone to activate it that way but it just says no network available. Was onto support for an hour yesterday and they didn't seem to even know about the product. Getting nowhere.

Also data sims have a phone number. It should be on the SIM card (the large part), that you took the small sim out of.

You can also stick the SIM in a phone and send yourself a text message to get it, if it gets signal.

The issue you're facing most likely, is that the router isn't set up correctly (unless Vodafone supplied the router). You need the correct APN details for it to work.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

1001Hz- My advice to you is to DM them on Twitter. Chat support or rather their resolution is usually poor and the best results I've gotten are through Twitter. I've been round and round in circles in recent times because of an error on their systems and the only way I managed to get it sorted was through Twitter. The phone number wont be printed on the plastic card for a bill pay connection, only pay as you go. Something is wrong on Vodafones end though because you should get service on the sim when you put it into your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1001hz

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    1001Hz- My advice to you is to DM them on Twitter. Chat support or rather their resolution is usually poor and the best results I've gotten are through Twitter. I've been round and round in circles in recent times because of an error on their systems and the only way I managed to get it sorted was through Twitter. The phone number wont be printed on the plastic card for a bill pay connection, only pay as you go. Something is wrong on Vodafones end though because you should get service on the sim when you put it into your phone

Talk about going round and round. Yeah there was no number associated with the SIM they sent. I had to call support every day for a week (told every day it would be resolved by the next day). Really bad service they have. Also the most idiotic thing is when you call their support you can't get past the first stage without entering the number you have the issue with. Well if the issue is you don't have a number then sorry, no customer service for you. Luckily I also have a pay as you go number. So I had to call going through on that number, explain the situation to a PAYG agent, who had to transfer me to Bill Pay, explain my situation again. And do that every day straight for a week. And now today I get a letter saying I have a second direct debit set up for some completely separate plan (some SIM only 35 euro / month plan). On hold for another hour today about that and finally they said they don't know anything about that, just ignore it. That's fine until my bank starts sending them the money every month. Avoid like the plague!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Completely agree that their customer service is an absolute disaster. I recently ordered home phone & broadband from them and they took over the line from Sky and kept saying they didn't have my services. I knew they had as I got an email from Sky saying your services are now cancelled and thanks for your custom. I was going round and round in circles so I started putting it in twitter messenger to them so I didn't have to keep explaining myself over and over again and they could follow everything no problem then even if another agent had to look at it.

If not already solved either put it into DM on Facebook messenger or Twitter to them and save yourself the high blood pressure of trying to deal with them. I work in communications so know how to handle them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I live on the Cavan/Leitrim border, rural area and I got my 4G broadband router today. My speeds are pretty good. Averaging 15-27mbps download & 7-10mbps upload in the house.

I'd recommend if you have Vodafone data on your phone to download a "4G only" app from the play store and enable 4G only mode on your phone and go walking around your home grounds and test your internet speeds on Google, this way you can not only check if 4G is available in home but how fast 4G will be in your area.

My previous internet was at maximum 6mbps download speed so massive improvement.

So far so good with Vodafone, hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Does anybody know how to monitor your usage?.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to monitor your usage?.

I believe if you have the "My Vodafone App" you can see your usage. That's how I see mine.

Advertisement