Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Maintenance - Court Ordered

Options
  • 29-12-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Looking to get some advice on the matter.

Court ordered monthly maintenance back 5years ago. In the last year and a half I've been in and out of court due to breaches of maintenance, I.e. zero being paid for the full year and a half and prior to this dribs and drabs been given when it suited or right before a court date.

Ive been in and out of court and each time the maintenance is questioned, an excuse regarding non payment is given and the judge swallows it and then give the benefit of the doubt to allow maintenance to be paid in that month without ordering the attachment, which again fails to happen. Also numerous times false claims were handed up to judge stating out of work, or away with work and these are all accepted until it gets adjourned weeks later and its then stated in court that there was no employment taken up that month or it's just ignored.

I've had attachment of earnings processed, a change in job coincidentally occurs and sure I'm back to square one again.
    50% of education, medical etc and nothing.
    I've had enforcement orders in place, numerous breeches and also warrants for arrest ordered by the judge. Still to this day I've received zero towards child maintenance.

Whats the best way to guarantee payments are made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Deedee3 wrote: »
    I've had enforcement orders in place, numerous breeches and also warrants for arrest ordered by the judge. Still to this day I've received zero towards child maintenance.

Whats the best way to guarantee payments are made?

I'm really sorry you have had to go through this, never ceases to amaze me how some people get away with this.

Unfortunately, given the above you realise that all this stress of having to go to court etc still amounts to no financial support for raising your child.

It sucks but you need to decide if you want to keep fighting in the hope that you will end up with some sort of contribution (which they have avoided successfully so far) or is it time to walk away from it all and accept that they will not pay.

Enforcement orders and warrants have not made them pay, its a disgrace but its something faced by people all over the country daily. The reality unfair as it is is that if they refuse to contribute then they will find a way not to.

It's shocking that someone doesn't feel they should support their child financially and purposely avoids it - making you have to go to court, but that's the reality and there's no way to guarantee payments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I would have expected you'd be able to challenge his statements of means regarding comments such as "no employment" in court. They'd have to show some form of proof of income, even if it's social welfare, to support their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee3

I would have expected you'd be able to challenge his statements of means regarding comments such as "no employment" in court. They'd have to show some form of proof of income, even if it's social welfare, to support their position.

Yes but statements of means are never brought in, so dodges that one too. Either way working or unemployed, payment still has to be made. My original maintenance order was put through whilst the other party was on social welfare and the judge cut the payment in half, regardless of the excuse. Nothing has changed with the amount since taking up employment etc

Advertisement