Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EirTV eats all my wifi

• 29-12-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So whenever my family use the Apple TV eir app my pc games instantly begin lagging.. impossible to play multiplayer games.. when using any other app like Netflix or Prime it's okay but EirTv just kills it
    Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What speeds have you got and what type of line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evanos38

What speeds have you got and what type of line?
    50Mb Fibre
    Living rural but my download speed stays the same its just i lag in my games. kind of odd. Ping stays good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

if your ping is good, its not your connection, check your hard-drive.

kaahooters wrote: »
    if your ping is good, its not your connection, check your hard-drive.

But it's perfect when the Eir app isn't being used like if they use netflix or YouTube or prime it's perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Connect the Apple TV using Ethernet. The Eir app may be using a lot more bandwidth than Netflix or YouTube which are both very good at adapting quality to your available speed.

• Advertisement

Connect the Apple TV using Ethernet. The Eir app may be using a lot more bandwidth than Netflix or YouTube which are both very good at adapting quality to your available speed.

That's not really possible for me to connect by ethernet.. any way I can limit the speed it uses through the modem or is that silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

Depends on your router. Some allow you to prioritize traffic to certain ips

evanos38 wrote: »
    That's not really possible for me to connect by ethernet.. any way I can limit the speed it uses through the modem or is that silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

evanos38 wrote: »

It's not silly but not something you can do in a locked down provider supplied modem. See if the app has any quality settings you can reduce. Failing that you should look into a set of homeplugs like these to free up your WiFi

TP-Link TL-PA4010PKIT Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G5Q9E0O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1YpdEbW2KJVFJ

Advertisement