If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema (starting from scratch)

Options
  • 30-12-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am interested in the Denon 2600 receiver and Wharfedale DX2 speakers. Will they work together? I'm starting from scratch here and will be connecting an LG 43" TV, a Linux combo satellite/Saorview box, a Panasonic Blu-Ray player and a HTPC running Kodi.

Apart from my CD, Blu-Ray and DVD collection, I will also be looking to listen to the radio either through the HTPC or directly through the receiver (I know that there is a built-in FM tuner), preferably with the TV turned off.

I suppose that the one query I do have right now is whether the TV will default back to using its built-in speakers if the receiver is in stand-by. There are already objections from "certain parties" about the number of remote controls in use with the system as it is.

I would be looking to travel up to you on Saturday 4th to do a deal. Can you still give me the sale prices then? (I notice that the same Denon unit in the UK has the 6-year guarantee included in the price. Can you match that?)

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

whoami1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am interested in the Denon 2600 receiver and Wharfedale DX2 speakers. Will they work together? I'm starting from scratch here and will be connecting an LG 43" TV, a Linux combo satellite/Saorview box, a Panasonic Blu-Ray player and a HTPC running Kodi.

Apart from my CD, Blu-Ray and DVD collection, I will also be looking to listen to the radio either through the HTPC or directly through the receiver (I know that there is a built-in FM tuner), preferably with the TV turned off.

I suppose that the one query I do have right now is whether the TV will default back to using its built-in speakers if the receiver is in stand-by. There are already objections from "certain parties" about the number of remote controls in use with the system as it is.

I would be looking to travel up to you on Saturday 4th to do a deal. Can you still give me the sale prices then? (I notice that the same Denon unit in the UK has the 6-year guarantee included in the price. Can you match that?)

Thanks.
    Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

The Denon and DX2 will go very well together and is a popular combination.

We run the same deals as our .co.uk website so the 2600 would come with the free 6 year guarantee once you sign up to our VIP club:
    https://www.richersounds.com/vip-club

You will be able to listen to the built in FM tuner in the 2600 with the TV turned off.
    The 2600 also has passthrough so if the amp is in standby you can still watch the TV and use the TV speakers for the audio.
    The amp would passthrough the last selected source before switching into standby.
    You would just keep the TV volume at Zero wghile using the amp and then turn it up as normal if not using the amp.

I could offer the 2600 and the DX2 pack for £720 or 848 Euro
    I currently have both items in stock. If you want to drop me your address in a PM then I can put a temporary hold them to ensure they are still here for you traveling to the store on Saturday 4th.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

We run the same deals as our .co.uk website so the 2600 would come with the free 6 year guarantee once you sign up to our VIP club:

You will be able to listen to the built in FM tuner in the 2600 with the TV turned off.
    The 2600 also has passthrough so if the amp is in standby you can still watch the TV and use the TV speakers for the audio.
    The amp would passthrough the last selected source before switching into standby.
    You would just keep the TV volume at Zero wghile using the amp and then turn it up as normal if not using the amp.

I currently have both items in stock. If you want to drop me your address in a PM then I can put a temporary hold them to ensure they are still here for you traveling to the store on Saturday 4th.

Hi Kenny,

That's great, thanks. I'll send you a PM now.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

whoami1 wrote: »
    Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

That's great, thanks. I'll send you a PM now.
    No problem Whoami1.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.