Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbogget Park pitches destroyed by car

Options
  • 30-12-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭

2 pitches used by Cabinteely FC, Seapoint RFC and some 60 odd teams across the grades in Kilbogget Park have been destroyed by a stolen car, later burnt out on the spot. If anyone knows anything about these scum, call the cops. This is your taxes, your kids facilities, your park, your community. Hope they die roarin'.

EM3n6Y4XsAAzkpH?format=jpg&name=medium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/1230/1103576-cabinteely/

Amazing that nobody saw and reported this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

That's a right mess. Only solution will be to plough it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/1230/1103576-cabinteely/

I thought that too, it is literally surrounded by houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    2 pitches used by Cabinteely FC, Seapoint RFC and some 60 odd teams across the grades in Kilbogget Park have been destroyed by a stolen car, later burnt out on the spot. If anyone knows anything about these scum, call the cops. This is your taxes, your kids facilities, your park, your community. Hope they die roarin'.

No need for the last comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

Absolute knackers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

tastyt wrote: »
    Absolute knackers

Is there a halting site close by?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

DellyBelly wrote: »

Wow!

2+2=5

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wilfuler. wrote: »

We'll have to agree to disagree. I didn't even mean it in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its cos the kids these days have nothing to do. Not like back in our day when there was a theme park on every corner that stopped us being degenerate scumbags.

The council should spend money on the future and build sports pitches for them...................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yes there is. It’s people like you who allow these stupid bastards to get away with this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Its cos the kids these days have nothing to do. Not like back in our day when there was a theme park on every corner that stopped us being degenerate scumbags.

The council should spend money on the future and build sports pitches for them...................

Ahem.. The place they destroyed was a sports pitch..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

indeed. :rolleyes:

The poster is being ironic... it couldn’t really be any clearer tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely ridiculous but this is the Ireland we are living in now where nobody has to answer to anything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Absolutely ridiculous but this is the Ireland we are living in now where nobody has to answer to anything....

No consequences

Lifetime welfare
    Revolving door justice system
    Ineffective gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Very surprised nobody seen it or heard anything. Gardai could have caught them and surprise surprise nothing would be done as the judicial system is a joke as with the legal profession.....

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Not far but to be fair usually the joy riding and burning out stunts are done by regular everyday knackers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

The people (:rolleyes:) who did this are vermin with no clear purpose in life and are taking it out on society by desecrating a much valued amenity. To add insult to injury, they torched a car which burnt the soil around it and probably sent all kinds of pollutants into the air.

So, I don't blame anyone for wishing the worst karma on them. Or, should that be car-ma ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

The scum that did this if caught and found guilty should be tied to the goal posts and whipped to within an inch of their life.

This would send out a message that this carry on won't be tolerated.

So easy to be a scumbag in today's Irish society, zero consequences or repercussions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

Larbre34 wrote: »

Yupp da boyo's, shur dey r nly havin a bitta crack jaysus leave em alone, nothin better t b doin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Saw the pitch today, its in bits.

Fcuking scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Why not?
    Do you condone this behaviour?

FAMLEE wrote: »
    Yupp da boyo's, shur dey r nly havin a bitta crack jaysus leave em alone, nothin better t b doin

Yup yup yup dis town is full a rats. Nuttin but rats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Scandalous......public flogging for all involved!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

There is a little scrote that regularily rides a motorbike around those pitches. I go jogging through the park every other day and often see him.
    He comes accross the Wyattville Road road from the Ballybrack area into the park, wouldnt be surprised at all if he wasnt part of this or knows who was. Totally disgusted by it.
    I'm surprised they were able to get a car onto the pitches at all, I wonder was it though the new entrance being built off the N11?, I noticed that the path through there was wide and open yesterday and thought that odd at the time.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Supercell wrote: »
    There is a little scrote that regularily rides a motorbike around those pitches. I go jogging through the park every other day and often see him.
    He comes accross the Wyattville Road road from the Ballybrack area into the park, wouldnt be surprised at all if he wasnt part of this or knows who was. Totally disgusted by it.
    I'm surprised they were able to get a car onto the pitches at all, I wonder was it though the new entrance being built off the N11?, I noticed that the path through there was wide and open yesterday and thought that odd at the time.

This lad perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

FAMLEE wrote: »

Liddel angles so dey ar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats the little fecker alright. Sometimes he brings along a few mates and they all have a go. Honestly makes my blood boil. I've often wondered what kind of parent allows their child to behave like this, boggles my mind.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Killinarden Park in Tallaght wrecked as well today.

Apparently the 40th burnt out car on it since January 2018.

• Advertisement

In fairness, I'd say loads of people saw it, but nobody bothered reporting it because 'why bother'.

People are fed up with a non-existing police service and a judicial system that has become a parody of itself. Whether the people involved were caught or not would make no difference whatsoever. Slap on the wrist, if even that.

You have to be absolute dirt to do that to a playing pitch. It's just like owning a scrambler bike, graffiti, or joyriding in general. It's an act of contempt to the area and people living in it. Yet if any of the decent residents does anything, they'll be targeted by the scum, and the Gardai will shrug their shoulders.

Advertisement