Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbogget Park pitches destroyed by car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    No need for the last comment

Meh. Dry your eyes ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

In fairness, I'd say loads of people saw it, but nobody bothered reporting it because 'why bother'.

People are fed up with a non-existing police service and a judicial system that has become a parody of itself. Whether the people involved were caught or not would make no difference whatsoever. Slap on the wrist, if even.

I would disagree on both counts people living in the houses backing on to this park are exactly the kind of people who would call the guards and would ensure the guards and judge are very aware of the impact to the locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I would disagree on both counts people living in the houses backing on to this park are exactly the kind of people who would call the guards and would ensure the guards and judge are very aware of the impact to the locality.

Doesn't sound like they did though?

strandroad wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like they did though?

This is why it is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Possible they were driving without lights on and people just didn't hear it with such good windows these days.

Looks like 4 wheel drive. Couldn't make out model on phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Possible they were driving without lights on and people just didn't hear it with such good windows these days.

Of course people knew, pointless ringing the Gardai as we haven't got a functioning justice system in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Supercell wrote: »
    Thats the little fecker alright. Sometimes he brings along a few mates and they all have a go. Honestly makes my blood boil. I've often wondered what kind of parent allows their child to behave like this, boggles my mind.

Parent, are you joking after the vermin has spit out the runt all parental responsibility ends it just gets in season for the next night of wackers or damos passion or a drunk **** in the lane as it is.

The only hope is a single vehicle accident involving them and a wall.....😉

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

https://www.thejournal.ie/cork-autograss-club-mallow-vandalised-4950575-Dec2019

No ****in consequences for anything in this ****in country the scum at the top and the sum at the bottom do what you like a slap on the wrist if you steal a 100 million a suspended sentence if you steal vandalize............

I await the arrival of the apologists for these cockroaches and the vomiting if the poverty defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/1230/1103576-cabinteely/

Amazing that nobody saw and reported this.

Bad area mentality, they wonder why things stay bad and wont report

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Of course people knew, pointless ringing the Gardai as we haven't got a functioning justice system in Ireland.
    That not true. If they were caught they would have got a good talking to and warned that if they were caught again they would get a very good talking to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Bad area mentality, they wonder why things stay bad and wont report

Bad Area?

What do you consider a good area?

Edgware wrote: »
    That not true. If they were caught they would have got a good talking to and warned that if they were caught again they would get a very good talking to.

Yeah but that's just the first two times. After that they might get a verbal warning. Which is an even longer talking to. Then they'll be sh'ting themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Bad Area?

What do you consider a good area?

I said bad area mentality, its the first step to allowing an area to get bad is to not report things to gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It is (or was) a Honda CR-V, older model. Most of them sold in Ireland would be 2WD only.

I said bad area mentality, its the first step to allowing an area to get bad is to not report things to gardai

But it's for a reason, in fairness.

If people called the Gardai, and a couple of minutes later a squad car or two appeared, and they started busting heads, then people would have no issue ringing them in future.

But when you have repeat, consistent attempts to ring them, and a couple of hours later a single garda car might possibly wander through your area, shrug their shoulders and leave, then you start to think 'what is the point?', and then you stop bothering to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

But it's for a reason, in fairness.

If people called the Gardai, and a couple of minutes later a squad car or two appeared, and they started busting heads, then people would have no issue ringing them in future.

But when you have repeat, consistent attempts to ring them, and a couple of hours later a single garda car might possibly wander through your area, shrug their shoulders and leave, then you start to think 'what is the point?', and then you stop bothering to call them.

...and that happens because, in turn, even if the Gardai turn up mob handed throwing bodies into the back of the paddy wagon, bringing them to the Garda station, doing the paperwork, up in front of the judge etc they’ll just be freed to return home an hour later anyway. So what’s the point?

I’m not sure if posters are familiar with this area. I would doubt very much people wouldn’t call the guards in the anticipation they wouldn’t come. Have a look at Shrewsbury Lawn. This is the estate backing on to the pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Amazing that nobody saw and reported this.
    I saw at least one guy on twitter say he did report it. Did the gardai or some other source make out like it definitely was not reported or something?
    tastyt wrote: »
    Absolute knackers
    DellyBelly wrote: »
    Is there a halting site close by?
    There is a halting site, but I presume he meant scumbags rather than travellers. I use "knacker" to describe scumbags, as do most people I know.

splinter65 wrote: »
    ...and that happens because, in turn, even if the Gardai turn up mob handed throwing bodies into the back of the paddy wagon, bringing them to the Garda station, doing the paperwork, up in front of the judge etc they’ll just be freed to return home an hour later anyway. So what’s the point?

I'm not trying to be rude with you or anything, but I'm not sure how to reply to that. It sounds like you're writing it in a sense to challenge my post, but we're actually in agreement from the content of your response?

The Judicial system doesn't like to punish anyone, so the Gardai couldn't be bothered catching the scum.

The Gardai couldn't be bothered catching the scum, so Joe Soap isn't interested in ringing the Gardai.

Joe Soap isn't interested in ringing the Gardai, so the scum do what they want.

The scum do what they want, because the Judicial system doesn't like to punish anyone.

(and around in circles we go).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

A park not to far away from this one has had issues with antisocial behaviour over the xmas holidays too! Off Springhill area

Kids were throwing fireworks at 7pm in the evening! I was out walking the dog and there was a big group of them (none older than about 15) at the entrance to the local park and there was firework wrappers scattered around them, had to walk through them and they were all shouting and roaring at each other (girls and boys) so I took a different route to avoid on the way back - few minutes later they were letting off fireworks and I was worried about all the dogs etc who were out walking so I called Blackrock garda station and they'd already received numerous calls and were on the way.

When walking dog last night we saw the garda car drive into the park and chase a load of youths as apparently they melted the swing seats in the playground launching fireworks from them..

Who's supplying kids with fireworks so they can use them without supervision??? I'm not against fireworks but dear god young teenagers would be the last group of people to be allowed use them unsupervised! I just hate when they get set off so early in the evening when cats and dogs etc are out and so easily spooked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

mlem123 wrote: »
    A park not to far away from this one has had issues with antisocial behaviour over the xmas holidays too! Off Springhill area

Kids were throwing fireworks at 7pm in the evening! I was out walking the dog and there was a big group of them (none older than about 15) at the entrance to the local park and there was firework wrappers scattered around them, had to walk through them and they were all shouting and roaring at each other (girls and boys) so I took a different route to avoid on the way back - few minutes later they were letting off fireworks and I was worried about all the dogs etc who were out walking so I called Blackrock garda station and they'd already received numerous calls and were on the way.

When walking dog last night we saw the garda car drive into the park and chase a load of youths as apparently they melted the swing seats in the playground launching fireworks from them..

Who's supplying kids with fireworks so they can use them without supervision??? I'm not against fireworks but dear god young teenagers would be the last group of people to be allowed use them unsupervised! I just hate when they get set off so early in the evening when cats and dogs etc are out and so easily spooked :(

This large group of teenagers have been a problem in the Springhill / Mount Albany park since the summer. Starting bonfires, damaging playground equipment, fireworks and litter everywhere after them. Trying to find out where they are from. They seem to enter from the Deansgrange Road side.

Sounds like a few local Dads need to get together and deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Larbre34 wrote: »

This

We genuinely need a few murders of dickhead scumbags isis style, to tell the state, if this isnt dealt with, we will deal will it in the harshest possible way, and to send a message to the lads doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Or their own dads could ****ing start parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Not a dad but a gal in her mid twenties and her terrier (who luckily isn't too reactive to fireworks) and I'd love to say something but genuinely would be afraid they start throwing them at us seeing as they have no problem throwing fireworks at each other haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ardinn wrote: »
    This

We genuinely need a few murders of dickhead scumbags isis style, to tell the state, if this isnt dealt with, we will deal will it in the harshest possible way, and to send a message to the lads doing it.

While the ISIS ref is a bit extreme, the cops really need to get a handle on this type of thing soon.

People will eventually take this into their own hands otherwise.

mlem123 wrote: »
    Not a dad but a gal in her mid twenties and her terrier (who luckily isn't too reactive to fireworks) and I'd love to say something but genuinely would be afraid they start throwing them at us seeing as they have no problem throwing fireworks at each other haha

My husband was with our kids in the playground last week. This group were there, he asked them not to set off fireworks indicating the young children around. They apologised and did not. When he was heading out one of them dropped a bottle he had been drinking out of, he asked was he going to pick that up - He mumbled something and did. I don’t think these kids are threatening. Just a big gang of them thinking they are ‘hard’.

ardinn wrote: »
    This

Get a grip.

When we were kids and got up to mischief all it took was a bit of hair dryer treatment from a local dad or two to cop ourselves on and do something else. I guarantee this crowd in Springhill would fill their grey tracksuit trousers if anyone fronted up to them.

Just looking at the news now and they're talking about vandals destroying graves and headstones in north Cork city. Thats what is risked by not nipping this stuff in the bud. Mind you I'd happily risk a day in court and slap 40 shades out of anyone I found desecrating graves, don't care what age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Get a grip.

When we were kids and got up to mischief all it took was a bit of hair dryer treatment from a local dad or two to cop ourselves on and do something else. I guarantee this crowd in Springhill would fill their grey tracksuit trousers if anyone fronted up to them.

Just looking at the news now and they're talking about vandals destroying graves and headstones in north Cork city. Thats what is risked by not nipping this stuff in the bud. Mind you I'd happily risk a day in court and slap 40 shades out of anyone I found desecrating graves, don't care what age.

Im not just talking about this particular incident, im talking about the absolute knackbags in the city that have been allowed to run riot - looking at videos here of gangs in balbriggan, 38 squad cars outside the red cow a while back, harcourt street (which was never essentially rough back when I lived in dublin in 14/16) looking like a warzone.

Needs a full stop put in place immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

DellyBelly wrote:
    Ahem.. The place they destroyed was a sports pitch..
    Neeeoowwwmmmmm

Advertisement