If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - Home Cinema Advice

Options
  • 29-12-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

Looking for some advice regarding best options for a home cinema type experience in my new build, due for completion later next year.

Im a complete novice when it comes to such matters so apologies if questions are blindingly obvious to some of you.

Is a projector system worth looking into? Do I need a separate TV or would the projector cover all TV requirements? What are the pros and cons of going down this route and are there any particular brand recommendations?

I also want to achieve a surround sound feel to this room and not just a soundbar under the TV which I never really seen the point of as TV speaker is usually adequate. What I want is sound coming from different points in the room.

Should I be looking to wire these things in during construction so as to avoid trailing wires which is something I want to avoid.

Any suggestions on what route to go down would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

John

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.