Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Any of ye see the video on WhatsApp showing the market where all the dogs, cats, bats and snakes and whatever else was being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wasn’t vautour nicknamed the airplane or something?

Sprinter Sacre I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Wasn’t vautour nicknamed the airplane or something?

Vautour the Virgin is what they all called him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

How much can you get on Aramon for the County Hurdle?

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

So general consensus that we don't have to worry about this Coronavirus. we all happy and confident?!?!

I will take yue at ye're word so!

Never liked Corona anyways! Any drink that needs a slice of lemon to make it palatable is a wrong un

• Advertisement

i have killed men for lesser crimes! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ssshhhhhhhhhhhh

He’s the most obvious horse so it’s no secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Thought he was going to be a superstar but the spectacular way he emptied in the KG showed the Gold Cup was going to be out of the question.

Mullins made the correct decision going for the Ryanair. Horse wasn't able for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    He’s the most obvious horse so it’s no secret.

I’m just hopeful someone will step out of line nrnb.

WHO just declared it a global emergency

I don't like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I don't like this

Who?

World Health Organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Was it not the same drama for bird flu and swine flu?
    I know they weren't exactly the common cold but they were blown out of all proportion and never caused the widespread mass deaths that was expected.

World Health Organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Has David pipe any chance of a win in the festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

I can’t think of any.

Philip Hobbs had a poor couple of seasons and is doing well again, so I suppose Pipe could bounce back next year.

Then again, Hobbs is a good trainer who was having a blip. Pipe may just be a poor trainer that has lived on his daddy’s legacy. It happens. For example I wouldn’t let Donald McCain train my kettle to boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Has a chance in the bumper with Israel Champ, might be hard horse to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I don't like this

Hi Roger

Read this it provides perspective . Right now no need for mass panic. :)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/30/health/flu-deadly-virus-15-million-infected-trnd/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

He hasn’t the firepower at all. He’s also not the best of trainers either which doesn’t help. He used to be good to get a horse ready for a big day - Ballynagour and Buena Vista are two that spring to mind, but he’s gone totally off the boil in recent years.

Am I correct in thinking Moon Racer was his last festival winner back in 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Motivator wrote: »
    He hasn’t the firepower at all. He’s also not the best of trainers either which doesn’t help. He used to be good to get a horse ready for a big day - Ballynagour and Buena Vista are two that spring to mind, but he’s gone totally off the boil in recent years.

Am I correct in thinking Moon Racer was his last festival winner back in 2015?

En toup Por tout or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He won the Ultima 2016 and 2017.

Does he still train Ramses de Tailles? Won last weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Haven't forgiven Pipe for sending Western Warhorse to the Arkle. Cnut of a human

akelly02 wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac:

The Mig wrote: »
    Haven't forgiven Pipe for sending Western Warhorse to the Arkle. Cnut of a human

Devo he got his hands on Moon Racer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

akelly02 wrote: »

French is sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Two cases of coronavirus confirmed for England. Can't really see it stopping Cheltenham but you never know

https://news.sky.com/story/first-two-cases-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-uk-11922375

Two cases of coronavirus confirmed for England. Can't really see it stopping Cheltenham but you never know

https://news.sky.com/story/first-two-cases-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-uk-11922375

Here we go...............:(

aidankkk wrote: »
    I’m just hopeful someone will step out of line nrnb.

Doubt that'll happen. He's straight into fav when entries and weights are out.
    33s AP a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I cannot see them cancelling Cheltenham. The virus does not transfer to horses. Thankfully there is not an equine outbreak or something nasty like foot n mouth

If they are going to cancel horse racing they would have to cancel all their soccer matches and rugby etc. It is not going to happen.

New viruses happen all the time. There are viruses killing the world at this very instant that we have not even identified. Everyone need to get a grip. I seen all this crap before with Sars. Some people will die and that is rough for them, but more people will succumb to a mortal flu in the next month than will be killed globally by the corona virus in its entire existence ..and that is just next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I cannot see them cancelling Cheltenham. The virus does not transfer to horses. Thankfully there is not an equine outbreak or something nasty like foot n mouth

If they are going to cancel horse racing they would have to cancel all their soccer matches and rugby etc. It is not going to happen.

New viruses happen all the time. There are viruses killing the world at this very instant that we have not even identified. Everyone need to get a grip. I seen all this crap before with Sars. Some people will die and that is rough for them, but more people will succumb to a mortal flu in the next month than will be killed globally by the corona virus in its entire existence ..and that is just next month.

Hmmmm.... You can't see them cancelling large events where huge crowd are likely to interact? Something tells me you've not done much research on these type of things.

Johner wrote: »
    He won the Ultima 2016 and 2017.

Pipe is 9/2 with skybet to train a winner, might be worth a few Bob.

Cancelling large public attended events is exactly what they do in these instances lad
    I am genuinely concerned about this now

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Doubt that'll happen. He's straight into fav when entries and weights are out.
    33s AP a gift.

Seeing 100/1 in Paddy’s and Hills...

langer91 wrote: »
    Seeing 100/1 in Paddy’s and Hills...

No you aren't. Aramon for the County Hurdle.
    25s is the price, not 33s*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

No you aren't. Aramon for the County Hurdle.
    25s is the price, not 33s*

Was looking at the Champion Hurdle! Cheers

langer91 wrote: »
    Was looking at the Champion Hurdle! Cheers

:D

Got my hopes up there!!

Slattsy wrote: »
    :D

Got my hopes up there!!

Shat myself with excitement.

Hmmmm.... You can't see them cancelling large events where huge crowd are likely to interact? Something tells me you've not done much research on these type of things.

It won't be happening. Millions of people attend soccer matches there every day of the week. Do you think they are going to cancel the premiership, the champion league and the 6 nations because of a virus that is in Asia?

Will they close down the Tube and stop people from driving onto the M25?

Two people from the same family in Newcastle does not a global pandemic make.

I genuinely think there is a lot of scaremongering going on. They won't just suddenly decide to cancel Cheltenham unless there is a complete state of emergency. I do not see it happening.

It won't be happening. Millions of people attend soccer matches there every day of the week. Do you think they are going to cancel the premiership, the champion league and the 6 nations because of a virus that is in Asia?

I genuinely think there is a lot of scaremongering going on. They won't just suddenly decide to cancel Cheltenham unless there is a complete state of emergency. I do not see it happening.

I hope they cancel the 6 Nations tbh. Pile of shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I think you're being naive here if you're stating so matter of factly that they won't cancel sporting events. It's still early days and it may not become widespread, but if it starts spreading and is a significant risk then events will be cancelled in an attempt to control it.

I think you're being naive here if you're stating so matter of factly that they won't cancel sporting events. It's still early days and it may not become widespread, but if it starts spreading and is a significant risk then events will be cancelled in an attempt to control it.

Enough with the scaremongering please.

There is a better chance of man eating aliens decimating the city of Cork ( we should all be so lucky) on Sunday night as opposed to their being a state of emergency called in the UK.

Have the bookies started taking any bets yet?

FIFA have cancelled the Chinese Super League with immediate effect

Listen, I hope to God i am wrong man, i hope you are right!

Envoi Allen going for the Ballymore

I won't say another word re Coronavirus
    will just hope to God is goes away

Envoi straight to Ballymore, Aba straight to Supreme
    good few Doubles ready to roll there

Can we take it from today's results that honey goes ch, which leaves Benny a penalty kick in the Mares which leaves Paisley a penalty kick in the stayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Supssundae at 25/1 has to be a great bet for champion after that today was impressed with its run for first time back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Desperate renewal of the champion hurdle this year. A real shame

I would put benie des in the champion hurdle at this rate

I would put benie des in the champion hurdle at this rate

SHe's not entered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement