Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

SANTINI & KALASHNIKOV

GC & Ryanair respectively

Honorable mention to Footpad for CC (taking WPM crookery into account).

38 Days till Champ Hurdle, which means about 35 days afore I even think about who to back
    in that. Waste of time till decs are out imo. If Verdana Blue runs that'll do for me.

Won't oppose jolly in Stayers'. Again will wait for decs and look for 1 each way in that.

Outside of the main 4 races will take a chance on Acey Milan for Coral Cup, whether he
    goes or gets in matters little. He was well regarded not so long ago and is still young.

No time for this headscratching wondering where horses with multiple entries will go.

YIPPEYKIYAY MOTHERPUNTERS :pac: :pac: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Champagne Classic bet of the Fest, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Andrew00 wrote: »

I think Paisley Park is the good thing. Can’t but be impressed with him. I think there’s less pressure on them this year despite how it may appear. Yes, he’s going for two in a row but the horse, Aidan Coleman and Emma Lavelle have the experience to draw on.

It also helps that he’ll run against horses vastly inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I just can't warm to Paisley Park and never have. Don't know why. The race is poor so I think he should win but it seems to good to be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah baby yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

I just can't warm to Paisley Park and never have. Don't know why. The race is poor so I think he should win but it seems to good to be true

I read an article before from a psychologist about human behavior, likes and dislikes etc. jockey silks plays a huge subconscious part in a person’s like vs dislike decision when it comes to following/backing/laying horses. It’s a mad theory but it’s somethint that’s always stuck with me and because I’m now aware if it I always find myself drawn to the colours of an owner.

Incidentally, Paisley Park runs in a horrific set of colours. The owner being blind explains a lot! On a serious note I love the horse, possibly due to his Stayers win last year. I was having a decent day punting wise and with a few too many in me I got brave and had the whole lot on him. I thought it was a really gutsy performance and a great ride from Coleman. It’s great that one of the stories of the week last year wasn’t O’Leary or Mullins or Nicky Henderson and it’s great that a relatively small yard has a flagbearer like that horse to go back this year and have a chance to put himself into Festival folklore - regardless of the quality of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

What wins the Arkle lads.Cant have Notebook after being pulled up in the Supreme last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

What wins the Arkle lads.Cant have Notebook after being pulled up in the Supreme last year

What relevance does that have?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

What relevance does that have?

Course form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Completely different horse over fences. 23 pound better for starters. Also didn’t run in the Supreme and wasn’t pulled up. I’d be more worried about the prelims for him, he’s the best horse in the race imo but you’d want him to be a bit calmer going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Notebook wins the Arkle

Looks a poor race to me. If the ground has plenty of cut I'd fancy Fakir D.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

He's one of my biggest winners but worried now he'll go RSA, Battleoverdoyen sore yesterday after falling on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

also I actually fancy Cash Back to overturn the form with a bit of cut in the ground for the Arkle

He's one of my biggest winners but worried now he'll go RSA, Battleoverdoyen sore yesterday after falling on Sunday

That's my biggest fear right now. He was 40s yesterday but being backed now. Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Lads have fancied lostintranslation for the gold cup since last year but if he doesn't have race between Christmas and Cheltenham it has to be a huge negative? Is it pretty common for gc winners to get a run in spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Lads have fancied lostintranslation for the gold cup since last year but if he doesn't have race between Christmas and Cheltenham it has to be a huge negative? Is it pretty common for gc winners to get a run in spring?

Didn't do the Gold Cup Winner 2019 any harm - Al Boum Photo

moritz1234 wrote: »
    Didn't do the Gold Cup Winner 2019 any harm - Al Boum Photo

Didn't Native River win a GC in his first race that calendar year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I'm convinced again thanks, tizzard would have plenty of animals to tun him out with as well like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Why do I have feeling native river could go close again ! Not the greatest of gold cups

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why do I have feeling native river could go close again ! Not the greatest of gold cups

All depends on the going
    if its soft to heavy, I will back him on the day despite myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It's started again.

You always know when Cheltenham fever is upon us when this statement is made.

See you all in 5 week, bitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best Mate never ran in the calendar year before all of his wins (neither did Kicking King, War of Attrition, Kauto Star's 2nd win, Bob's Worth), so up until fairly recently it was actually a positive not to have a run (Long Run would be on that list too if KG hadn't been postponed).

A more recent run has become the norm in recent years, however I wouldn't view not running as a negative unless that was the initial plan and was changed due to unforeseen circumstances.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It's started again.

You always know when Cheltenham fever is upon us when this statement is made.

See you all in 5 week, bitches.

Chances of Moron not posting here for 5 weeks..........
    i'd say 20000000000000000000000000000000000/1 :cool:

Wonder what that is on the exchange,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭butrasgali

Question about travel..worchester to Cheltenham...anyone done this trip...which is the best mode of transport..train ,bus,
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

butrasgali wrote: »
    Question about travel..worchester to Cheltenham...anyone done this trip...which is the best mode of transport..train ,bus,
    Thanks

If your travelling from Worcester you can get a lift or even a Taxi. Only down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Might interest a few. Was in a PP earlier they had some specials up.
    1 that caught my eye that seemed quite ool with the general markets was. Notebook, BDD-Mares, Carefully Selected @50/1.
    Seemed like it was at least 10 points too big. But not sure if it was just a shop thing.
    They had some others but nothing of appeal on those and they seemed priced about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CORMACREYN

Bobs Worth, in 2013, was the last winner not to run in the same calendar. His only prior race that season was in the Hennessy Gold Cup on Dec 1st, 2012.

Since then two winners had their prior run in the Irish Gold Cup (Lord Windemere and Sizing John), two in the Denman Chase (Coneygree and Native River), one in the Kinloch Brae (Don Cossack) and Al Boum Photo in the Savills Chase at Tramore on New Year's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

butrasgali wrote: »
    Thanks

Stayed there the past 6 years, a train which takes about half an hour each day for about 15 quid return to Cheltenham station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whatever about the train down to the course it's some torture on the way back, the train station like most of the area is not designed for the crowds, taxis from the course aren't too easy got either.
    Walk back into town for a few drinks and maybe a taxi later would be my plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Panic Attack that won at Market Rasen for WPM been sold and now with Pipe.

Panic Attack that won at Market Rasen for WPM been sold and now with Pipe.

Any idea who? Only one man crazy enough to buy a mare from Willie and send it to David Pipe in my eye.
    Bryan Drew must be a 1.01 shot

BoldReason wrote: »
    Any idea who? Only one man crazy enough to buy a mare from Willie and send it to David Pipe in my eye.
    Bryan Drew must be a 1.01 shot

It was Drew, he’s an idiot.

That won't we winning another race.

madmoose wrote: »
    It was Drew, he’s an idiot.

Ah yes that explains a lot.

Call me crazy but...........
    Every chance Honeysuckle goes CH
    Every chance BDD goes Stayers
    Jayzus lads, might AJ have one last day in the sun in the Mares?!?!
    Currently 14/1
    (not saying i think she will, i don't have it backed, but, if the race were to fall apart, she wouldn't have much to beat.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Doubt it would happen but Envoi Allen would have a shot in that champion hurdle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is cyrname not entered in any Cheltenham race?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CORMACREYN

Is cyrname not entered in any Cheltenham race?

He's entered in the Champion Chase and the Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Honeysuckle sensibly heading for mares

BumperD wrote: »
    Honeysuckle sensibly heading for mares

After the weekend most likely sensible option but hard to see her turning over BDD. And I can't see Willie not running her in the mares either.

My thoughts are with NaiveMelodies at this tough time.

Marie's Rock out for the season
    Balls to that anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Slattsy wrote: »
    My thoughts are with NaiveMelodies at this tough time.

:(

(she'll still go Ch)

Marie's Rock out for the season
    Balls to that anyways

Lol
    Have only had 2 ante post bets. That was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

I would have thought one of the bookmakers would be NRNB by now, I expected someone to stick there neck out after Dublin racing festival no sign yet though???

stretchaq wrote: »
    I would have thought one of the bookmakers would be NRNB by now, I expected someone to stick there neck out after Dublin racing festival no sign yet though???

Alot of race look open this year so can’t see nrnb until the end of Feb

Boyles are NRNB on 5 big races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

madmoose wrote:
    Alot of race look open this year so can’t see nrnb until the end of Feb

Ya very late this year after a trend of getting earlier each year for the last few years. Skybet are but they just slashed everything massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Pertemps : One i am going to keep an eye on and has an entry in a Pertemps qualifier on Sunday at Exeter is Palmers Hill. JP seems to do well in the race and this is another of his , trained by JJ O'Neill. The horse already has course winning form winning impressively in Nov 18.Race worth a look. Horse has been lightly raced but form of those in behind in his runs is pretty decent . He missed his previous intended run due to a temperature (another JP horse went on to win the race) so Sunday is his last chance to qualify for the Pertemps at Cheltenham.The Irish have had a good recent record in this race so hoping Palmers Hill can buck the trend. Had a small few quid on with Skybet @ 16/1 NRNB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement