Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Unlikely paddy will go ew first 4 in gold cup this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Davy Russell gave an interview on Galway bay fm this evening.hes happy with percys prep and reckons he should be there abouts on the day.every chance.The plan is coming together lads.all aboard.
    GO ON THE PERCY

Keep the faith. The big pay is coming. Despite ‘the Genius’ trainer having one winner in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

What's Stand Up And Fights Cheltenham status at the moment?

Runs tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

With JP only having Glenloe in the NHC and he is set for the Kim Muir who will Derek O'Connor ride?

Carefully Selected - Patrick
    Champagne Classic - Codd (was due to ride last year before injury)

Most of the other contenders don’t seem up to much apart from Copperhead for Tizzard who would be a huge player if he ran here, maybe DOC would get the early call for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

Darver star in the champion hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Will codd ride glenloe or le Breuil in Kim muir?? Probably glenloe but I know he rang Pauling months before chelt last year to ride le breuil in 4m

stretchaq wrote: »
    Will codd ride glenloe or le Breuil in Kim muir?? Probably glenloe but I know he rang Pauling months before chelt last year to ride le breuil in 4m

He was due to ride C Classic in the NHC before he got injured he said and then contacted Pauling for Le Breuil.

I think Le Breuil may run in the Ultima as you mention Codd could be on Glenloe having won it for JP and Gordon on Cause of Causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Derek O'Connor rides Glenloe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Earendil wrote: »
    Keep the faith. The big pay is coming. Despite ‘the Genius’ trainer having one winner in the last 18 months.

All part of the “plot job”!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Darver star in the champion hurdle

Backed in from 100s to 14s with PP anyway. Looks very open and Gavin Cromwell knows how to train a Champion Hurdle winner as we saw last year.

I’ve not seen any of Epatante’s runs this year but she must be a much better horse that the one that finished down the field in the mares’ novice hurdle last year. Was there any explanation or anything given for that run? She went off favourite so was obviously well fancied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Backed in from 100s to 14s with PP anyway. Looks very open and Gavin Cromwell knows how to train a Champion Hurdle winner as we seen last year.

I’ve not seen any of Epatante’s runs this year but she must be a much better horse that the one that finished down the field in the mares’ novice hurdle last year. Was there any explanation or anything given for that run? She went off favourite so was obviously well fancied.

Henderson has said he believes the flu vaccination she received due to the equine flu outbreak before the festival played a part.

Handicap entries today, counting down the hours until they are released ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »

Very interested to see these. My NRNB book could be blown up or back in the game.

Mainly hoping for Discorama in the ultima 33/1, but most of all Aramon 20/1 in the County (that said ground looks a short price to be soft)

aidankkk wrote: »
    Very interested to see these. My NRNB book could be blown up or back in the game.

Mainly hoping for Discorama in the ultima 33/1, but most of all Aramon 20/1 in the County (that said ground looks a short price to be soft)

The weather is bad but i’m hoping we get this rain out of the way now before the festival.

I backed Discorama for the Pertemps as he was due to run at one in Exeter but it got called off so i guess now he goes the Ultima as you mention, he is one i need to get onside as for that race i have him and Any Second Now in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Kevin Blake hinting Aramon wont be going to the festival Aidan
    WPM stable tour yesterday and not so much as a mention of him

Whats this now re. Aramon??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The weather is bad but i’m hoping we get this rain out of the way now before the festival.

Currently very little rain forecast for teh next 14 days and we know how quickly it dries, the two or three days before will be the key.

http://www.myweather2.com/Horse-Racing/United-Kingdom/Cheltenham-Racecourse/14-Day-Forecast.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Currently very little rain forecast for teh next 14 days and we know how quickly it dries, the two or three days before will be the key.

http://www.myweather2.com/Horse-Racing/United-Kingdom/Cheltenham-Racecourse/14-Day-Forecast.aspx

14-day forecast isn't worth the page-hosting cost of the website showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

What time are they out at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

14-day forecast isn't worth the page-hosting cost of the website showing it

That is why I highlighted 'currently' if you have a more accurate prediction please share it with the group, maybe a postman told you??

• Advertisement

I backed Discorama for the Pertemps as he was due to run at one in Exeter but it got called off so i guess now he goes the Ultima as you mention, he is one i need to get onside as for that race i have him and Any Second Now in mind.

Id back him now a the 33/1 nrnb with 365, no hope he goes off anywhere near that price if he shows up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stretchaq wrote: »
    What time are they out at??

Keep an eye on this lads Twitter, usually has the info up first

https://twitter.com/festivalracing

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

He just wasn’t on the list. Same as saglaway and some other handicap horses. I’d ground is heavy he probably won’t go. Ground better on Friday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Pogue eile wrote: »

took Verdana Blue @33s NRNB for the CH a few weeks back on the longshot made up premise that 'after lots of wet there may be lots of dry' :pac:

Aramon, entered for county.:D:D;) discorama for ultima and us and them for the Grand Annual, ans McFabulous for the Pipe.

At least there all entered

https://www.sportsnewsireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/chelt-pack_11_final_irish.pdf

Slattsy, get up, tis grand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Haven't got to look through it all, I see chantry house isn't going a handicap route anyways. Any noticeable inclusions or absentees?

Slattsy, get up, tis grand!!!

Scaremongering!

All we need now is half decent ground :D

Luckily for nrnb as there is no Any Second Now in the Ultima, he will go straight to the National i imagine

• Advertisement

Luckily for nrnb as there is no Any Second Now in the Ultima, he will go straight to the National i imagine

Yeah, that one is down the swanny for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭maximo31

I see Canardier is down on the list as trained by Willie Mullins. Has the horse moved to him or is this a typo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

maximo31 wrote: »
    I see Canardier is down on the list as trained by Willie Mullins. Has the horse moved to him or is this a typo?

Might be

https://www.irishracing.com/horse?name=Canardier&prt=539149

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭maximo31

Interesting that Treacysenniscorthy is still entered in the Pertemps when trainer said he wouldn't be going.....

See Jonjo has Great Field now from Willie and is in the Grand Annual

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

maximo31 wrote: »
    Interesting that Treacysenniscorthy is still entered in the Pertemps when trainer said he wouldn't be going.....

Strange one alright! No Gallant John Joe and no Off You Go, two horses i expected to see entered somewhere

• Advertisement

Discorama is back up with 365 for the Ultima at 33/1 nrnb which is too big as Aidan says, he is 14/1 or so on the day maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Are b365 nrnb on all races?

How many AP bets are bust for ye lads
    I have a few
    Had Andy Dufrense in a single and 2 doubles
    Had Melon in the Arkle
    Had Maries Rock in a single
    Had Saldier in a few doubles

Discorama is back up with 365 for the Ultima at 33/1 nrnb which is too big as Aidan says, he is 14/1 or so on the day maybe less.

Straight in with the double dip . It’s either money back or having a nice bet on the day at much bigger than sp. . He’ll be a tipped horse on the day for sure , with festival record. Hope he doesn’t get silly mark although it’s unlikely as he isn’t unexposed really.

Two for me so far.

Defi du Seuil in the Ryanair. Also had it in a treble.

• Advertisement

That didn't last.

How many AP bets are bust for ye lads
    I have a few
    Had Andy Dufrense in a single and 2 doubles
    Had Melon in the Arkle
    Had Maries Rock in a single
    Had Saldier in a few doubles

Any Second Now my only handicap one at the moment out.

Straight in with the double dip . It’s either money back or having a nice bet on the day at much bigger than sp. . He’ll be a tipped horse on the day for sure , with festival record. Hope he doesn’t get silly mark although it’s unlikely as he isn’t unexposed really.

25/1 now with 365, ive done that and 5places 33/1 with hills but thats not nrnb

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Price gone!
    20/1 now

Just realised Ex Patriot isn’t in any entries nor is Elix De Nutz who i had an eye on for the County.

No Lalor for the Brown Adv. Had him pegged as winner of that on good ground:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Where’s rathvinden these days ?

I've taken Chris's Dream to win any race at the festival @20/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Where’s rathvinden these days ?

Did I see he was going the cross country?

Fair play to Discorama backers, i like your angle. However, I will be taking you all on though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement