Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

One of my biggest bets so far is Kilbricken Storm for the Pertemps who is still 33/1 some firms

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

madmoose wrote: »
    One of my biggest bets so far is Kilbricken Storm for the Pertemps who is still 33/1 some firms

im on this train with you for the last month or so was delighted to see him 4th last week to qualify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Earendil wrote: »
    took Verdana Blue @33s NRNB for the CH a few weeks back on the longshot made up premise that 'after lots of wet there may be lots of dry' :pac:

Henderson was extremely keen on here is his stable tour. If conditions are right She will run a big race with the allowance as well. If the Champion Hurdle was on the Friday I would have a big bet, Claisse wont allow the going to be any better that Good to Soft on Day 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Im aboard his train as well since his run in the cleve where he travelled really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Slattsy wrote: »
    Fair play to Discorama backers, i like your angle. However, I will be taking you all on though :)

Sluttsy throw up a list of your AP bets so I can choke on them sobbing "AP is a dead market man" will ya. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Sluttsy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sluttsy throw up a list of your AP bets so I can choke on them sobbing "AP is a dead market man" will ya. ;)

:D

Well my main Ultima fancy was Any Second Now. Raging thats gone, as there was support for it recently, so thats annoying.

I'm not at home so dont have my notes, but i'm almost certain the second horse on my Ultima shortlist was No Comment.

He's entered in the Kim Muir also but i cant see him going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Big fan of Rocket Lad for Emmet Mullins, 33-1 for pertemps, qualified by coming 6th in a 6 runner race, easy as you like!

Sire Du Berlais wins the Pertemps again lads :)

• Advertisement

:D

Well my main Ultima fancy was Any Second Now. Raging thats gone, as there was support for it recently, so thats annoying.

I'm not at home so dont have my notes, but i'm almost certain the second horse on my Ultima shortlist was No Comment.

He's entered in the Kim Muir also but i cant see him going there.

I have Sporting John in different places at prices ranging from 16-33s for the Supreme. Hobbs basically said last week he'd prefer the Ballymore and Chantry house looks more JPs supreme horse. The bollox.

Apart from that it's Verdana Blue for the CH, Sceu Royal for the CC and Anibale Fly (piss off!) for the GC all at 33s.

All above are NRNB.

Sire Du Berlais wins the Pertemps again lads :)

A Great View I thought was interesting here after his run the other day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Memory Auto Correct killing you there !

Seeing as everyone is interested. I'll state best price and the shortest price i have taken.

Glenoe (Kim Muir) 10/1 & 7/1
    Balls deeps on this lad. 2 stone up his sleeve here. Delta Work form is just :eek: 5/1 best price now, could be shorter if everyone steams in on the day. JUST WINS

Santini (Gold Cup) 14/1 & 10/1
    Enough on at those prices so didnt go again. 3/1 fav now with Bet365
    To be perfectly honest, i wouldnt touch this lad at around 3/1. But obviously happy with 14s etc.

Champagne Classic (NH Chase) 16/1 & 5/1
    7/2 in a lot of places. Massive on this fella, best horse in the race. Jumps and will stay. Not worried about Carefully Selected. Copperhead would a threat if he goes here. Danger CC goes for the RSA now. So i might cash out some of my more recent bets as i've got him backed all the way down to 5s, so i'm not completed screwed.

Aramon (County) 25s
    1 bet on the nose. 20s now, will go off shorter if Paul Townend rides. Just praying for decent ground. Laid out for the race.

Protektorat (Coral Cup) 20s
    1 bet on the nose. Into 10/1 fav in places. Eyecatching last run.

Any Second Now (Ultima) DOWN THE FÚCKING SWANNY! and i only backed it last week. A few bob on the nose at 16s. Goneski.

I think thats them all! As you can see from the above i'm strong on 3 of them, and i've a couple of combos.

Glenloe is this years Sire Du Berlais for me.

Champagne Classic running in the RSA is a huge concern, and i've a decision to make here. I can cash out 90% of my bets for some sort of profit, but i'm obviously not going to touch the bets at 10/1 and above.

Edit. Oh and Allaho. 20s RSA.
    Around 5/1 now. Single bet on the nose.
    Took a bit of a flyer with this. They aimed Carefully Selected (my original fancy for the RSA) at the NH Chase and I couldn't for the life of me see them running Faugheen here. Backed him on that premise and knowing he'd shorten for winning a poor race lto. Could end up in JLT but sure that's the way she goes!

Seeing as everyone is interested. I'll state best price and the shortest price i have taken.

Balls deeps on this lad. 2 stone up his sleeve here. Delta Work form is just :eek: 5/1 best price now, could be shorter if everyone steams in on the day. JUST WINS

To be perfectly honest, i wouldnt touch this lad at around 3/1. But obviously happy with 14s etc.

7/2 in a lot of places. Massive on this fella, best horse in the race. Jumps and will stay. Not worried about Carefully Selected. Copperhead would a threat if he goes here. Danger CC goes for the RSA now. So i might cash out some of my more recent bets as i've got him backed all the way down to 5s, so i'm not completed screwed.

Aramon (County) 25s
    1 bet on the nose. 20s now, will go off shorter if Paul Townend rides. Just praying for decent ground. Laid out for the race.

Any Second Now (Ultima) DOWN THE FÚCKING SWANNY! and i only backed it last week. A few bob on the nose at 16s. Goneski.

I think thats them all! As you can see from the above i'm strong on 3 of them, and i've a couple of combos.

Champagne Classic running in the RSA is a huge concern, and i've a decision to make here. I can cash out 90% of my bets for some sort of profit, but i'm obviously not going to touch the bets at 10/1 and above.

Mug :pac::pac::pac::D

And i have just seen this years Martin Pipe winner.

• Advertisement

Harsh, yet accurate.

in thurles JP colours??

stretchaq wrote: »
    in thurles JP colours??

I can neither confirm nor deny your statement.

I can neither confirm nor deny your statement.

im with ya!!! and the horse ever since he slipped up in the bumper

Guess he goes with Oakley Brown on him and connections won the race with Early Doors last year.

• Advertisement

Have you fcuk! The winner of the MP hasn't ran since the big HC in Fairyhouse on Hattons Grace day.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Aramon (County) 25s

Alloha ..... Allaho Slatts..... Thought he was a big fancy of yours. Followed you in on him for RSA while back ( let's hope he goes there now)

Alloha ..... Allaho Slatts..... Thought he was a big fancy of yours. Followed you in on him for RSA while back ( let's hope he goes there now)

D**** did I forget him?

All depends on Faugheen. If Faugheen doesn't travel Allaho ends up in the JLT imho. I have some slight stamina doubts myself and Willie keeps saying they're concerned he pulls too hard... Could be similar to Black Hercules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

At the Acorn to spoil the Glenloe plot. Looks like a horse that is crying out for a trip. Unlucky at Leopardstown when travelling really well. In the hands of the English handicapper as he could easily handicap him out of the race if he wants to. Needs 134 or higher to get in probably. I see a big Tony Martin gamble on this if he runs. Owners would bring the house down on St Patricks Day Thursday.

12/1 NRNB for me. GL

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    At the Acorn to spoil the Glenloe plot. Looks like a horse that is crying out for a trip. Unlucky at Leopardstown when travelling really well. In the hands of the English handicapper as he could easily handicap him out of the race if he wants to. Needs 134 or higher to get in probably. I see a big Tony Martin gamble on this if he runs. Owners would bring the house down on St Patricks Day Thursday.

12/1 NRNB for me. GL

Delete your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

I've taken Chris's Dream to win any race at the festival @20/1.

Highly unlikely that he'll go.

Looking at the Brown Advisory. Jesus I'm struggling. Shortlisted about 5 or 6. Not particularly strong on any. Elliott throwing a few darts. Both seem somewhat fancied.

Anyone have any thoughts or angles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fair play Slattsy!

Earendil, care to chuck up your ones ??!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Looking at the Brown Advisory. Jesus I'm struggling. Shortlisted about 5 or 6. Not particularly strong on any. Elliott throwing a few darts. Both seem somewhat fancied.

Anyone have any thoughts or angles?

I really like Oldgrangewood for this if he's not given too much weight by the handicapper. Has won some nice handicaps lately beating some very good horses by the bare minimum. C&D winner and the Skelton's love a good plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Glenloe out of the festival.

lemush wrote: »
    Glenloe out of the festival.

WELL F**K

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Big portfolio ruiner Slattsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Glen Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Terrible news, this time of the year is nerveracking with injuries most days until the festival.

Anyone around Dublin fancy a pint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well my plans for Cheltenham to pay the deposit on my wedding have been dashed :(

A two year plan now becomes a three a year plan. Got on for 2021!! :D

• Advertisement

As sick as i am, I'll make it all back on No Comment - the new Kim Muir winner !!!

Commiserations Slattsy!!
    I have been there!

Its desperate this time of the year, every time i open twitter I am only waiting to hear "Envoi won't run" or Defi a doubt for the festival etc

Codd will ride Le Breuil now for the Kim Muir and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Daraa wrote: »

Remarkable that the Arkle has had 6 favs in the last 10 years and still a loss on a single stake.

Traditionally I have not backed outside of the top 3 in the market for the Arkle or the Triumph. I can see the same happening this year.

There's a sense of mourning around here today. I hope the festival is cancelled now. I'm taking my ball and going home!

• Advertisement

Codd will ride Le Breuil now for the Kim Muir and win.

i hope so im all over him

stretchaq wrote: »
    i hope so im all over him

I had to back at 10/1 earlier when my Glenloe bets were down, nrnb though for Le Breuil.

WPM on twitter confirming Beni goes in the Mares

Glad to hear that
    Hope Honeysuckle does too

BENIE DES DIEUX (
    @Timeform
    rated h159): "She is in the Mares' Hurdle, where she was a very unlucky loser last year. She is also in the Stayers' Hurdle, but I would like to go back and get a bit of unfinished business done. She is a hell of a mare." - WM

WPM on twitter confirming Beni goes in the Mares

Glad to hear that
    Hope Honeysuckle does too
    Right decision, Paisley into 1/3 for stayers yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement