Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Honeysuckle go CH now probably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

BENIE DES DIEUX (
    @Timeform
    rated h159): "She is in the Mares' Hurdle, where she was a very unlucky loser last year. She is also in the Stayers' Hurdle, but I would like to go back and get a bit of unfinished business done. She is a hell of a mare." - WM

How is that confirming anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Rochey18 wrote: »
    How is that confirming anything?

Come off it man , no need to be smart

if you are not being smart, you have the intelligence of a 9 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Does anyone have a proper fancy for the CH? Absolutely 0 clue who I would be on if the race was tomorrow

I am on Epatante at 16's since before Christmas
    Also on Couer Sublime at the big prices

Personally feel Willie should be supplementing Melon, not Cilaos but hey.....what do i know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Personally feel Willie should be supplementing Melon, not Cilaos but hey.....what do i know!!

lovely price, not sure about melon but I definitely dont think he should supplement Cilaos, even in a weak renewal I dont think he'll be close on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

id be all over melon in this champion. He must be going to improve over fences eventually, as he seemed the obvious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Supasundae!

aidankkk wrote: »
    id be all over melon in this champion. He must be going to improve over fences eventually, as he seemed the obvious one.

100% Agree Aidan
    If Melon was running in the CH, I'd be very bullish about it

Earendil wrote: »
    Supasundae!

Usually needs a run, got that last time, ran well, definitely has its chance and is still a big price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Croll wrote: »
    Does anyone have a proper fancy for the CH? Absolutely 0 clue who I would be on if the race was tomorrow

I'm reading too much into this...

"11 of the previous 12 winners were rated 162+ before the race, only horse in the race with a rating over 160 is Sharjah."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Daraa wrote: »

"11 of the previous 12 winners were rated 162+ before the race, only horse in the race with a rating over 160 is Sharjah."

Sarjah looks the value there now, but he will need decent ground. He's one for a bet a bit closer to the race, when the ground is known

akelly02 wrote: »
    Come off it man , no need to be smart

if you are not being smart, you have the intelligence of a 9 year old

I'm not being smart, it was put up that Willie Mullins has confirmed Benie goes to the Mares, I'm asking for confirmation is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Daraa wrote: »

If you can forgive him his last run he is a good bet. I backed him last year and he got unlucky when he was brought down when BD fell. We will never know. But a good horse on his day. Paddy Power are only taking 10's on him atm. As big as 14's with hills. He has the ability for sure. It is interesting that Closutton are being very quiet about his chances. As soon as they start shrugging their shoulders you know its a good thing.:p

Sharjah far too flakey for my liking
    Sooner back Aido McGuinness's one these days!

I'm not being smart, it was put up that Willie Mullins has confirmed Benie goes to the Mares, I'm asking for confirmation is all.

You got one part right, you're not being smart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Gone to Willie alright according to the Racing Post. One i'll be keeping an eye on.
    Three Cheltenham entries.
    https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/1175980/canardier/form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Spot on, willie is confirming nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I wouldn't believe a word Willie said for betting purposes. Horses could be running anywhere until they are declared for a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You got one part right, you're not being smart

He's spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Melon would get beat in a two horse champ hurdle. One of the most overrated horses of recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Moyaahed entered in the county?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Couldn't be having Melon in any race. Hes a bridesmaid, doesn't want it.

I'd be very hopeful Honeysuckle goes Champion and extremely confident she wins.

Don't get all the negatives about her after Irish Champion and while her jumping was big, the style of her win only told me she improves for Cheltenham.

She travelled fine, put 3 or 4l on them turning into straight without being touched, everything else was ridden, and while the last jump was a mess, the way she responded for pressure was impressive in my eyes. She finds loads!

Hurricane Fly won the same race in similar fashion up the rail without looking impressive and while Epatante is undoubtedly a better hurdler than Honeysuckle in terms of jumping, in my eyes she'd want to be a right few lengths ahead come to last not to be outstayed by the Honey monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

jimjamcos wrote: »

Don't get all the negatives about her after Irish Champion and while her jumping was big, the style of her win only told me she improves for Cheltenham.

She travelled fine, put 3 or 4l on them turning into straight without being touched, everything else was ridden, and while the last jump was a mess, the way she responded for pressure was impressive in my eyes. She finds loads!

Hurricane Fly won the same race in similar fashion up the rail without looking impressive and while Epatante is undoubtedly a better hurdler than Honeysuckle in terms of jumping, in my eyes she'd want to be a right few lengths ahead come to last not to be outstayed by the Honey monster.

Welcome back.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Welcome back.

Cheers Slattsy!

Hard luck on Glenloe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Hurricane Fly beat Our Conor and Jezki not Darver Star and Petit Mouchoir.

But I do think Honeysuckle should get more credit for the run.

50s babyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Gone for petit mouchoir at 60/1 for the ch on the exchange.
    Definately value at that price in a wide open race.

Stranger things have happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Finally had a look at the champion hurdle it's generally the worst I've ever seen, grade 1 only in name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cheers Slattsy!

Hard luck on Glenloe!

Live by the sword and all that jazz.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Live by the sword and all that jazz.

You've given that bumper way too much ammunition. Should be ashamed

Morgans wrote: »
    Hurricane Fly beat Our Conor and Jezki not Darver Star and Petit Mouchoir.

But I do think Honeysuckle should get more credit for the run.

Agree but my point was more so that the Leopardstown track can often facilitate a late closer. Hurricane Fly had a right few tight finishes (quality acknowledged) despite never losing there!

The exception being Faugheen at his peak!

Not saying Honeysuckle is an all time great champion hurdler but wont need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Epatante will blitz the field after people claiming its an open champion, really hope she can do so but waiting for 9/2 on the day for a big bet on her

Agree but my point was more so that the Leopardstown track can often facilitate a late closer. Hurricane Fly had a right few tight finishes (quality acknowledged) despite never losing there!

The exception being Faugheen at his peak!

Not saying Honeysuckle is an all time great champion hurdler but wont need to be.

She will be an all time great. Don't be such a pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You've given that bumper way too much ammunition. Should be ashamed

It was never ever personal. I admire slattsy hugely despite him jumping down my throat!!! and at least he had the balls to list the AP bets. I did a track a couple years back on here and the results were horrible for those that put them up, many didn’t even run and with AP rules your bet was dead. I think 2 winning selections from 70 odd. Anyway let’s see what happens one swallow doesn’t make a summer and regardless how it goes it will be fun following hopefully a few of his pop in and he gets another Don Cossack or Sire De Berlais to land. My message probably got lost and muddled into a value discussion. There is value out there with the safety net of the nrnb in play that is the thrust of my assertion maybe didn’t communicate it well. AP is not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Yorkhill gone from Wylie / Willie Mullins?? :
    https://twitter.com/captainnash/status/1230891894110117889

She will be an all time great. Don't be such a pussy.

Hopefully but she ain't yet

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Altior to win or finish second to defi - 5/4

Deliberating whether to lump on !?

BumperD wrote: »
    Fair play Slattsy!

Earendil, care to chuck up your ones ??!! :)

I did Bumper. No AP for me these days....I’ve been hurt before :))

Forgot to add Supasundae

“I have Sporting John in different places at prices ranging from 16-33s for the Supreme. Hobbs basically said last week he'd prefer the Ballymore and Chantry house looks more JPs supreme horse. The bollox.

Apart from that it's Verdana Blue for the CH, Sceu Royal for the CC and Anibale Fly (piss off!) for the GC all at 33s.

All above are NRNB.”

carq wrote: »
    Altior to win or finish second to defi - 5/4

Deliberating whether to lump on !?

Crazy stuff. The market has it as a three horse race. You can be sure at least one of the other horses outside of the top 3 will get placed, or even win.

Your 5/4 seems value, but you are actually splitting permutations. If Chacun wins your bet is gone, even if your 2nd.

The Queen Mother is the worst value race of the festival. It is an open match between the top 3 and you have a 1/3 chance of winning. It is simply a waste of money.

There are also live outsiders like Politilogue, A Plus Tard, Sceau Royal, Duc De Genievres. I am having a fiver on Defi De Seuil and enjoying the race. If Altior drifted I would consider a bet, just for an interest. It WPM has 3 or 4 winners on day 1 you can expect a plunge on Chacun Por Soi, so I would be waiting for the day to bet.

• Advertisement

maximo31 wrote: »

Ye he was sold a few weeks ago, has had problems, so hopefully change of scenery will do him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

maximo31 wrote: »

Looks like he could do with a burger or two from that pic.....

Itziger wrote: »
    Looks like he could do with a burger or two from that pic.....

Was thinking that. Usually only see that much rib showing when they do those horrific neglected/abused horses stories.

Lad on that thread saying Yorkhill had an infection hence the famished appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Crazy stuff. The market has it as a three horse race. You can be sure at least one of the other horses outside of the top 3 will get placed, or even win.

Your 5/4 seems value, but you are actually splitting permutations. If Chacun wins your bet is gone, even if your 2nd.

The Queen Mother is the worst value race of the festival. It is an open match between the top 3 and you have a 1/3 chance of winning. It is simply a waste of money.

There are also live outsiders like Politilogue, A Plus Tard, Sceau Royal, Duc De Genievres. I am having a fiver on Defi De Seuil and enjoying the race. If Altior drifted I would consider a bet, just for an interest. It WPM has 3 or 4 winners on day 1 you can expect a plunge on Chacun Por Soi, so I would be waiting for the day to bet.

:eek: No mention of the best each way shout of the entire Festival - Dynamite Dollars. Only trained by a man who has trained four different winners of the Champion Chase already :rolleyes:. He knows exactly what he has

:eek: No mention of the best each way shout of the entire Festival - Dynamite Dollars. Only trained by a man who has trained four different winners of the Champion Chase already :rolleyes:. He knows exactly what he has

I massively agree, something at a big price will be placed or might even win it.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I massively agree, something at a big price will be placed or might even win it.

Un De Sceaux be just the boy!

Lad on that thread saying Yorkhill had an infection hence the famished appearance.

Did Wylie sell him or did he just move yards?

Did Wylie sell him or did he just move yards?

Sold him

• Advertisement

Sold him

Bellshill his only grade 1 winner left?

Advertisement