Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Bellshill his only grade 1 winner left?

Appears to need a fresh crop of imports, Bellshill and more so Yorkhill must be very frustrating to own.

All the ability you'd want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bellshill his only grade 1 winner left?

Voix du Reve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Anyone know are Bellshill Yorkhill and Barters Hill all related???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Earendil wrote: »
    Was thinking that. Usually only see that much rib showing when they do those horrific neglected/abused horses stories.
    Itziger wrote: »
    Looks like he could do with a burger or two from that pic.....

Hes just coming back from a really bad infection.

Anyone know are Bellshill Yorkhill and Barters Hill all related???

There is no excuse for laziness Riv.

Have a look here, don't get lost, it gets deep.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/yorkhill

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Sure isn't this what I have you for!!

Why did you have to link that up! I won't get a stroke of work done now for weeks!!!!

Vautour goes back to Mill Reef :eek::eek:

That Saddlers Wells was some yoke!

Sure isn't this what I have you for!!

To answer your question, no they are not related.

Bellshill is related to winners.

https://www.irishracing.com/horse?name=Bellshill&prt=494380

Chieftains Choice and Foxbridge

Andy Dufresne running tomorrow ....
    RP saying he could book his ticket for Cheltenham ..........
    Is he back in the frame for the festival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

That Saddlers Wells was some yoke!

Sadlers wells deserves better than to be called a "yoke" fantastic race horse,trained by the best trainer the world has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Andy Dufresne running tomorrow ....
    RP saying he could book his ticket for Cheltenham ..........
    Is he back in the frame for the festival?

Not entered in anything.

Sadlers wells deserves better than to be called a "yoke" fantastic race horse,trained by the best trainer the world has ever seen.

That's some interpretation of what I was saying that is!!

Not entered in anything.

Didn't Gordon categorically rule him out of the festival ?
    RP seem to think he could still be supplemented

Suppose if he runs well tomorrow he could be back in for the Supreme or the AB?

Didn't Gordon categorically rule him out of the festival ?
    RP seem to think he could still be supplemented

Suppose if he runs well tomorrow he could be back in for the Supreme or the AB?

Elliott has had good ones before that haven't made the festival, particularly ones owned by JP. As it stands he is not entered, there is nothing to see here.

I would keep your eye on the spring festivals or maybe a cotton wool job for the Galway hurdle 2021. There is nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Ferny Hollow cut to 8/1 for the Bumper with PP after finally getting off the mark at Fairyhouse today. Looked impressive and the hood might have worked to good effect. Interesting to note that Eric Bloodaxe who beat him back in December is 20s with PP although he finished well down the field at the DRF in the race that was won by Appreciate It who’s currently heading up the market. Looks to be an open race - maybe lacking an obvious superstar à la Envoi Allen last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just seen Colm Meaney in Paddy Power ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Ferny Hollow cut to 8/1 for the Bumper with PP after finally getting off the mark at Fairyhouse today. Looked impressive and the hood might have worked to good effect. Interesting to note that Eric Bloodaxe who beat him back in December is 20s with PP although he finished well down the field at the DRF in the race that was won by Appreciate It who’s currently heading up the market. Looks to be an open race - maybe lacking an obvious superstar à la Envoi Allen last year.

Couldn’t back Ferny Hollow before the prelims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I think Stattler is the underrated one in the bumper. Interesting to see how he gets on tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I think Stattler is the underrated one in the bumper. Interesting to see how he gets on tomorrow

That’s set to be a good race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Us and Them for the Grand Annual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Us and Them for the Grand Annual

I hope your right . Huge chance if getting back to form .

That’s set to be a good race.

Yeah tis. The favourite has beaten nothing but pigs so hard to gauge how good he is.

aidankkk wrote: »
    I hope your right . Huge chance if getting back to form .

Sent over to England already this season under cooked so the handicapper wont crucify him for March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Yeah tis. The favourite has beaten nothing but pigs so hard to gauge how good he is.

The favourite is a class animal and will win easily.

Some toolbox called Harry Drew who is one of Panic Attacks connections on twitter would put you right off
    Absolute charlatan

Some toolbox called Harry Drew who is one of Panic Attacks connections on twitter would put you right off
    Absolute charlatan

Nancy's brother? Great name for a broodmare by the way. Who is he Rog? What is the beef exactly?

cipher2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Nancy's brother? Great name for a broodmare by the way. Who is he Rog? What is the beef exactly?

cipher2.jpg

His father is Brian Drew, owner of Moon Racer and Un Temps Pour Tout and a few others that Pipe trains. The son is a mouth and has a loose enough tongue on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

40/1 nrnb if you like him......

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    40/1 nrnb if you like him......

Yeah I am on at 40s nrnb and... 33/1 antepost :p

Money down for him to win today it seems.

I took some nrnb that price will be 7/1 if he wins today. If he doesn’t go, then cash back the Farouk D’alene is 14’s but there’s maybe not that much between them when you take a line through railway hurricane. Should be a good race anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

After today’s run anyone have any thoughts about mt Leinster for the county??

Statler beaten early he won’t be on the boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

stretchaq wrote: »

Not with counterfeit money would I back him.

Mengli Khan is a plot if I ever saw one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

stretchaq wrote: »

If the ground dries up he mightn't be a million miles away, he's usually keen in his races but you will be guaranteed a better gallop in Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The betting for the Martin Pipe right now is ****ing mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Slattsy wrote: »

What are chances of Eglantine du Seuil (WPM mare) running in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Slattsy wrote: »

One word...... conflated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

I don’t think I’ve seen a more puzzling Festival in a long, long time. If the Festival kicked off tomorrow I don’t think I’d be able to name a winner for Day 1. Last year there were plenty of horses throughout the week that I was confident calling two or three weeks out but this year is mad stuff altogether. Off the top of my head there’s probably only two or three very short priced favorites over the four days and I think this year will throw up some mad results and massive SPs.

The handicaps are always left until the day before for me, Antepost betting is an absolute no go and this year is the best example of it. The ground could still catch a lot of people out, these storms aren’t really showing any signs of clearing completely and the ground could be a bog on Day 1 which would scupper most handicap jobs and plots for the week. I remember a horse about 10 or 11 years ago trained by Jonjo O’Neill that was being minded all year, the money came and then the ground went against them. They waited until the following year and tried the same again with him. They got him so we’ll handicapped that he didn’t get in the following year and missed out by about two lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I think Conflated is going for the Coral Cup now elliot said.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Does anyone see Notebook being turned over in the Arkle? and if so, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

i will be backing cash back in that race.
    just think he is open to more improvement and would rather be on him at treble the price.

Will likely top up rachel blackmore top jockey at 6/1 to have a bit of cover if things go south.

carq wrote: »
    i will be backing cash back in that race.
    just think he is open to more improvement and would rather be on him at treble the price.

Will likely top up rachel blackmore top jockey at 6/1 to have a bit of cover if things go south.

Fair enough, always thought notebook had him covered last time out, fakir and cash back would have to reverse form while brewinupastorm was going to lose before the last fence and wasnt too impressive lto. Not saying they wont reverse form but ive seen people say notebook is one of the worst prices of the festival and I cant understand that

Lads I am genuinely starting to worry again re coronavirus
    Seems a hot topic in last 24hrs again
    Lads on morning Ireland advising people against travel for a few weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Anyone think Fakir D'oudairies will run in the Marsh rather than the Arkle?
    Have a few nice bets on him for the Marsh and wondering if i should cash out or not.....

maximo31 wrote: »
    Have a few nice bets on him for the Marsh and wondering if i should cash out or not.....

I'd be confident he goes for the Marsh, unless the ground turns up very soft I cant see him going for the Arkle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Pertemps : One i am going to keep an eye on and has an entry in a Pertemps qualifier on Sunday at Exeter is Palmers Hill. JP seems to do well in the race and this is another of his , trained by JJ O'Neill. The horse already has course winning form winning impressively in Nov 18.Race worth a look. Horse has been lightly raced but form of those in behind in his runs is pretty decent . He missed his previous intended run due to a temperature (another JP horse went on to win the race) so Sunday is his last chance to qualify for the Pertemps at Cheltenham.The Irish have had a good recent record in this race so hoping Palmers Hill can buck the trend. Had a small few quid on with Skybet @ 16/1 NRNB.

Was entered in 2 qualifiers at Exeter but both were cancelled so plans changed. Has entries in the Coral and Martin Pipe. Made its long awaited return on Saturday at Kempton and ran a cracker , just beaten a neck into 2nd.
    Have now backed it for the Martin Pipe NRNB.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Croll wrote: »
    I'd be confident he goes for the Marsh, unless the ground turns up very soft I cant see him going for the Arkle

Yeah all depends on the ground. If its proper soft he'll 100% be Arkle bound and 100% carry my money :)

I too love FD for the Arkle. He just beats Notebook.

• Advertisement
Advertisement