Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Russell has the bunny ears ready for all ye doubters.
    GO ON THE PERCY

Is that you Pat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can you please keep the virus scaremongering to the other thread, and let the grown ups talk horses here :)

Right. Out of here.
    Hope I am wrong
    Hope ye all have a great festival
    Slan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Right. Out of here.
    Hope I am wrong
    Hope ye all have a great festival
    Slan

keep that mask on Rog

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Is there any site where you can share a link with friends and everyone makes a pick each race and it compiles your results at SP or morning price?

Would be for a fun competition between friends without having to do the management of the selections and calculations manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Solo looks to be pulled after getting 11-10 in Fred Winter/Boodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

ustari wrote: »
    Solo looks to be pulled after getting 11-10 in Fred Winter/Boodles.

Was never going to be running in that after Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    Discorama is back up with 365 for the Ultima at 33/1 nrnb which is too big as Aidan says, he is 14/1 or so on the day maybe less.
    Discorama only got 148:D. its on...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Thread favourite aramon near the top pf the weights.
    Column of fire too in the martin pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Actually surprised to see most of my fancies havent been slammed by the handicapper, what horse's weight are you most pleased with?

• Advertisement

carq wrote: »
    Thread favourite aramon near the top pf the weights.
    Column of fire too in the martin pipe

Yeah but Mark is grand. Could easily have been over 150 . Very happy with is . If it dries up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

FatRat wrote: »
    There's a thread on the virus. Apparently the chances are around 7/4 according to Betfair exchange.

Interested to see how f*cked over the Irish get with the handicap weights announcement soon. Discorama will get hammered I have a feeling... Can't be having a horse with good Cheltenham form go off on a decent mark. Especially in the Ultima. English wouldn't like that. The markets should be interesting after the announcement nevertheless.

Activial is my current pick for the Ultima (25s NRNB), hoping his season over unsuitable distances brings his mark down enough from last year.

Carries 11 stone 1lb. Not the worst. Is the horse definitely going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

aidankkk wrote: »
    Yeah but Mark is grand. Could easily have been over 150 . Very happy with is . If it dries up

Will you be doing a podcast and/or thread this year, Aidan?

Will you be doing a podcast and/or thread this year, Aidan?

Havnt got a host, so unlikely. Last years host lives in Australia and its hard to get times right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Carries 11 stone 1lb. Not the worst. Is the horse definitely going?

Should do, can't see it missing Cheltenham and only entered in the Ultima.

Was hoping for 145 of less for Activial best case scenario and he got 145! Think this is a great mark for 25/1 shot. 6 pounds less than last year even.

Should do, can't see it missing Cheltenham and only entered in the Ultima.

Was hoping for 145 of less for Activial best case scenario and he got 145! Think this is a great mark for 25/1 shot. 6 pounds less than last year even.

Love to see him take his chance. He had a great run in the 4 miler last year. Paul Nolan is a legend,I hope he gets a rake of winners.

In fact, this thread is keeping me going, its a ray of light
    feck the pessimism of the other one
    your dead right slattsy/moron
    what was I thinking!!

What you thinking of Aramon now Aidan with that weight??
    Not had a chance to go through anything yet but anyone take note of OK Corral's entry and weights??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Us and Them 148 in the Grand Annual cha-ching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

akelly02 wrote: »
    the queen mother is surely the race of the festival ....altior for me just about nicks it !!
    Slattsy wrote: »
    One to sit back and enjoy. Cannot see myself having a bet on it, certainly at current prices. If you gave me a 10er though i'd just about plump for CPS.

Have to agree with Slatts, its a race to savour rather that to bet hard, if a gun was put to my head or if he drifts to anything close to 4/1 (11/4 biggest ATM) then Chacun would be a srrious E/W play.

Just reading that back I am saying its a no bet race but I might end up having my biggest bet of the week on it.........love Cheltenham!

• Advertisement

Am all over Defi, want defi to win have it backed in many bets for a while now
    Mad thing is, i did a tenner double Honeysuckle CH Chacun QM at fairly big prices and i might end up on the day roaring on Chacun despite being a fully paid up member of the Defi fan club for 3 years now
    If the Mare does go gor the CH, I'd fancy she wins it and then I am back on the WPM/RR rollercoaster

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Us and Them 148 in the Grand Annual cha-ching

Ya beat me too it . All over it . My nrnb lucky 15 looks great value .( if only it was that easy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, i there a list of Irish horses that have been lumped with an extra few lbs by the english handicapper? Something along the lines of:

Slattsys Horse
    Ire 140
    Eng 145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

The storyteller up 7 lbs from his Irish rating for the pertempts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ya beat me too it . All over it . My nrnb lucky 15 looks great value .( if only it was that easy)

whats the angle with us and them , i just dont see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Altior is a certainty in the champion chase , Istabraq was the only other horse to see the hill and laugh at it

Altior is a certainty in the champion chase , Istabraq was the only other horse to see the hill and laugh at it

Interesting analogy, what happened Istabraq when he tried to win a championship race at 10???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Altior wins the champion chase. He'll eat them alive up the hill again

akelly02 wrote: »
    whats the angle with us and them , i just dont see it

He was 50/1 and has top class course novice form , and things havnt went well this year so far . He on a reasonable mark if coming back to form .

• Advertisement

it is known

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Interesting analogy, what happened Istabraq when he tried to win a championship race at 10???

foot and mouth stopped the 4 timer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I was watching last years races this morning, of the 3 at top of market, he’s the one I don’t like. DDS has done nothing wrong and CPS open to any amount of improvement. Altior might be just regressing a little aged 10

BumperD wrote: »
    I was watching last years races this morning, of the 3 at top of market, he’s the one I don’t like. DDS has done nothing wrong and CPS open to any amount of improvement. Altior might be just regressing a little aged 10

you won't be collecting so

foot and mouth stopped the 4 timer

That's not what I asked you now is it, what happened when he ran in a championship race at 10???

you won't be collecting so

Hello Goat

• Advertisement

That's not what I asked you now is it, what happened when he ran in a championship race at 10???

chasers have far longer longevity then hurdlers

With Southfield Stone in the Novice Chase, he was given 146 but the race is up to 145. What happens here? Because he is still listed as in and top weight.

With Southfield Stone in the Novice Chase, he was given 146 but the race is up to 145. What happens here? Because he is still listed as in and top weight.

The 145 ceiling was until 18 February when entries closed, he was rated 144, got 2lbs for his run on Saturday, will run off 146 but met the entry criteria at the time.

The 145 ceiling was until 18 February when entries closed, he was rated 144, got 2lbs for his run on Saturday, will run off 146 but met the entry criteria at the time.

Right, makes sense thanks. Nicholls is saying he probably won't run him anyway because he has had tough races recently. Shame because I think he'd defy the weight and win.

Elwood it is then off 11-04, if he goes.

i see Relegate getting 5lbs extra to 137 that you would think that should see her safely in the Pertempts providing one comes out
    New trainer bounce? Has the ability, definitely interests me

• Advertisement

i see Relegate getting 5lbs extra to 137 that you would think that should see her safely in the Pertempts providing one comes out

Where did she qualify Rog?

Finished 4th in the qualifier in Punchestown last Wednesday.

Had spotted it at 50/1 before last week and was tempted but didnt pull the trigger, value I would suggest is all pretty much gone now, but if Murphy, who knows how to train a good one, can brush up her jumping, stranger things have happened.

She’s going Pertemps

Treacysenniscorthy got a nice weight too, would be interesting to see where he pops up
    Out from the front and hup hup

Treacysenniscorthy got a nice weight too, would be interesting to see where he pops up
    Out from the front and hup hup

I can't seem to find the quote but I was almost certain I read that he misses Cheltenham and they want to look after him as they see him as a chaser.

Her last race punchestown

https://www.racingpost.com/results/195/punchestown/2020-02-19/751741

Anyone see what weight The Jam Man got and if it has any entries
    was running well up to Christmas

I can't seem to find the quote but I was almost certain I read that he misses Cheltenham and they want to look after him as they see him as a chaser.

Trainer said it after last race from memory

Anyone see what weight The Jam Man got and if it has any entries
    was running well up to Christmas

No handicap entry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

madmoose wrote: »
    Read someone say the owners of Ravenhil want Codd on for the KM and Gary OBrien mentioned the horse and Codd before and he is all blue from 25/1 to 14/1 having looked on oddschecker.

At a preview last night Gordon said Codd due to ride apparently now Johnny Ward said who was also on the preview panel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement