Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

There once was a gelding called Percy
    Who had the gold cup at his mercy
    His trainer was mad
    It made us all sad
    When He lost and we all went home thirsty !

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

what about sizing john 50/1 nrnb for the gold cup ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

carq wrote: »
    what about sizing john 50/1 nrnb for the gold cup ?

not at 500/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Anyone backing without NRNB, in today’s competitive market, is not betting sensibly. The ante post markets died years ago. NRNB is out far earlier now than ever you can get value and still have a run for your money, betting without that concession without inside information is idiotic.

Probably one of the most ill informed posts I've ever read on this forum. Goat level nonsense, and I'm sorry to say that because you're a good poster.

Didn't Skybet halve all prices once they went NRNB? And quite a few will shorten again.

So anyone sitting on a docket worth double, if not more, before them going NRNB, is an idiot?? **** me! I'd suggest they're a ****ing god damn shrewd punter.

Ap markets have not died. Ante post markets are absolutely the way to go. That's where the value lies. Always has been and always will. I don't need inside info for this. Like plenty of others. A horse can still get injured with inside info I assume? Is that idiotic too?

If you don't want to bet ante post don't. But I'd suggest not commenting on it.

There's always a risk, clearly. The game is about risks though, is it not? If people are worried about losing a few bob on an ap bet then horse racing probably isn't for them. I'd suggest a lucky 15 on the day might suit better? And I'd rather take that risk with a 20s docket in my hand with a horse that goes off less than half that price.

Rant. Over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Ah Jaysus not you too Slattsy.
    What is it with the horse racing forum on boards where people have to spout like this.
    You like AP betting...we get it. Great, go for it. BD doesn't and has offered his opinion on why. And off you go with "Goat level nonsense" and "ill informed posts".

Thought you were better than that to be honest.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Probably one of the most ill informed posts I've ever read on this forum. Goat level nonsense, and I'm sorry to say that because you're a good poster.

Didn't Skybet halve all prices once they went NRNB? And quite a few will shorten again.

So anyone sitting on a docket worth double, if not more, before them going NRNB, is an idiot?? **** me! I'd suggest they're a ****ing god damn shrewd punter.

Ap markets have not died. Ante post markets are absolutely the way to go. That's where the value lies. Always has been and always will. I don't need inside info for this. Like plenty of others. A horse can still get injured with inside info I assume? Is that idiotic too?

There's always a risk, clearly. The game is about risks though, is it not? If people are worried about losing a few bob on an ap bet then horse racing probably isn't for them. I'd suggest a lucky 15 on the day might suit better? And I'd rather take that risk with a 20s docket in my hand with a horse that goes off less than half that price.

Rant. Over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Sure when Us and them Wins the Grand Annual, that will get me out of jail again ;-). This strong pace 2 miles will be perfect for him on hopefully somewhat decent ground. 50/1 antepost.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

i am in between the 2 views.
    its great getting the value but you are gambling 3 times antepost

1) the horse will not get injured
    2) the horse will run in the race you bet on
    3) the horse will win the race you bet on

I gave antepost a good whack last year and got badly stung with injuries with horses at lovely odds
    Cialos emery / malone road / quick grabim
    Road to respect / Storyteller - race change

Was 200 euro down before a race was run.

With the above I think you would want to have some kind of inside track or be betting small stakes.
    i think the win any race market is a bit safer and can reduce the risk somewhat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would rather have the 200 euro for a bet of the 3rd or 4th favourite in the Supreme and sit back and enjoy the race. I cannot disagree with any of the above.

Earendil wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus not you too Slattsy.
    What is it with the horse racing forum on boards where people have to spout like this.
    You like AP betting...we get it. Great, go for it. BD doesn't and has offered his opinion on why. And off you go with "Goat level nonsense" and "ill informed posts".

Thought you were better than that to be honest.

The goat level was tongue in cheek obviously :)

Saying you need inside knowledge though?
    That ap markets died years ago? (When its probably gone the other direction with the exchanges as it gives a good early indication of where a nag may go)

But that's the definition of an ill informed post, and i'm sorry to disappoint you :(

I do however take particular issue with calling people idiots. Are Hugh Taylor/Kevin Blake idiots? (im sure there's more than these 2) They recopmmend AP bets but their opinions/angles dont reflect inside info.

I'll call anyone out on bullshít. And as i said, he's generally a good aul poster. Everyone is open to scrutiny, myself included! Its a forum, opinions will differ.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Sure when Us and them Wins the Grand Annual, that will get me out of jail again ;-). This strong pace 2 miles will be perfect for him on hopefully somewhat decent ground. 50/1 antepost.

He's on my radar for the GA also.

Magic Saint seems to be one Nicholls has laid out for this but i missed the bigger prices. Will keep an eye on which one of GE appears to be aiming, he's a few sneaky ones in there..

Bun Doran also on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

He's on my radar for the GA also.

Magic Saint seems to be one Nicholls has laid out for this but i missed the bigger prices. Will keep an eye on which one of GE appears to be aiming, he's a few sneaky ones in there..

Bun Doran also on my list.

Bun Doran goes QMCC and Magic Saint is rated around 154 so be hard seeing he couldn’t land a blow last year off a lower mark.

Ex Patriot back in trip i’d have for that.

madmoose wrote: »
    Bun Doran goes QMCC and Magic Saint is rated around 154 so be hard seeing he couldn’t land a blow last year off a lower mark.

There's a big one in Magic Saint and i thought its last run was eyecatching.

Didnt know that about Bun Doran, was hoping they;d try the handicap route :(

aidankkk wrote: »

33s with PP

Did you lump on 👆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Dunno if they'll drop him back in trip after he wins the Thyestes.

Anyone backing without NRNB, in today’s competitive market, is not betting sensibly. The ante post markets died years ago. NRNB is out far earlier now than ever you can get value and still have a run for your money, betting without that concession without inside information is idiotic.

You clearly have little to no grasp of what an ante post bet is and the additional variables it represents in comparison to standard bets.
    That is completely OK though. Do your thing.

The ante post markets are alive. Long live the ante post markets.

Honeysuckle at 50/1 for the CH, baby. Insensible? Idiotic?
    Sire Du Berlais, Slattys well documented play last year. Insensible? Idiotic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

33s with PP

Did you lump on 👆

I never lump on anything. 50/1 with 365 . But excitement if he goes there.

Santini at 9s a stonking bet for the GC

my festival NAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Dunno if they'll drop him back in trip after he wins the Thyestes.

Travelled well at Cheltenham lto before faded a little late on, hope he drops back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Travelled well at Cheltenham lto before faded a little late on, hope he drops back.

I think Ex patriot needs to go right handed. I was surprised he wasn't campaigned for the 2mile handicap at Fairyhouse last weekend, nice money.

I think your right about the trip, the horse has never looked like winning anything over 2 miles and a half. It will be a like a bog at Gowran next week, cannot see it myself. I love the horse though.

Yeah fair re his Cheltenham run. I thought his run behind Battleroverdoyen hinted at his capability as a stayer and as a result I am in no doubt he wins the Thyestes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Strongly run Grand Annual would be ideal for Ex Patriot IMO

Santini at 9s a stonking bet for the GC

my festival NAP

Ah bollix :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Percy got a private gallop in Galway before cheltenham last year.they turned the fences so he could pop a few left handed.
    He traveled well to cheltenham but they said he kicked a rail in the saddling enclosure before the race and went away shook after it.
    Hope he gets better luck this year.

Tears in eyes :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think Ex patriot needs to go right handed. I was surprised he wasn't campaigned for the 2mile handicap at Fairyhouse last weekend, nice money.

I think your right about the trip, the horse has never looked like winning anything over 2 miles and a half. It will be a like a bog at Gowran next week, cannot see it myself. I love the horse though.

If he was trained by someone who had a clue about racing then he’d be a serious horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Rant. Over.

Stop ranting :pac:

Stop ranting :pac:

Jesus i got off lightly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Tickets recieved in the post today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Jesus i got off lightly :pac:

It’s a new year peace love and all that :)

• Advertisement

Kalashnikov for Ryanair at 25s

Amy's happy with him - good enough for me.

Can see Nick Luck post race going.... "and we're seeing quotes of 15 to... no wait the 15/2 is gone, now best price 11/2 for next year's blue riband! Incredible, so Amy I'm sure the gold cup is not on your mind at this stage.. You must be ecstatic.. can you sum it up for us?"

Amy "Unbelievable Nick, I can't believe it.. I'm thrilled, just thrilled. I'm lost for words really."

Luck " Amazing story, of course last year we had Bryony.. Bryony Frost (obligatory Bryony Frost mention, but fair play to Luck it'll be the only mention - in this interview at least ).. who was just run out of it in the end, and now this - Cheltenham really does throw up fairytales.... So congratulations once again to Amy Murphy and team."

Amy "Cheers Nick - thanks" :)

Luck "Over too you Rishi - unbelievable scenes here in the winners enclosure"

Persad "Absolutely Nick.. Here we are with Bry........ " :D:D:D:D:D:D :mad:

Can see Nick Luck post race going.... "and we're seeing quotes of 15 to... no wait the 15/2 is gone, now best price 11/2 for next year's blue riband! Incredible, so Amy I'm sure the gold cup is not on your mind at this stage.. You must be ecstatic.. can you sum it up for us?"

Amy "Unbelievable Nick, I can't believe it.. I'm thrilled, just thrilled. I'm lost for words really."

Luck " Amazing story, of course last year we had Bryony.. Bryony Frost (obligatory Bryony Frost mention, but fair play to Luck it'll be the only mention - in this interview at least ).. who was just run out of it in the end, and now this - Cheltenham really does throw up fairytales.... So congratulations once again to Amy Murphy and team."

Hilarious sure..................

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

That's why posting at 4.41am is a bad idea.....

Footpad in the CC another one I like.

The race is there for the taking with no standout contender this year.

Probably shorter for other races but the crook wants to burn as many AP
    dockets as he can, so he's ran him over different trips recently.

You're not fooling me William

Some of the experts on the forum might disagree with me but it's my opinion and therefore correct.

Shout out to Nostradamus :)

Somebody stop them ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Allmankind into cotton wool till the festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

I says wrote: »
    Allmankind into cotton wool till the festival.

If that yolk wins a triumph I’ll give it
    up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

lemush wrote: »
    If that yolk wins a triumph I’ll give it
    up.

Cant see it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

JLT being renamed and will now be known as the Marsh Novices' Chase.

This is because Marsh, the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser, acquired Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) in April, 2019.

• Advertisement

Have I been made a mod yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

The Mig wrote: »
    Have I been made a mod yet?

No. You are a Mig, I repeat a Mig ...not a Mod.

Just be thankful you’re not a Mog!

I should be the Mod.

But all me red and yellow cards in the GAA forum is frowned upon. Ha

Wouldn't have you as a mod myself here Slatts. Would probably take myself over to the gambling forum if you were made one

Wouldn't have you as a mod myself here Slatts. Would probably take myself over to the gambling forum if you were made one

:(

Joking obviously Slattsy. You'd be my 2nd in command

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Allaho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We'll know our Supreme winner in 50 days time!

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Allaho.

JLT or RSA? That is the question.

I like him myself, but for the RSA. But i've a feeling he'll go JLT.

Joking obviously Slattsy. You'd be my 2nd in command

That's BumperD f**ked then!

That's BumperD f**ked then!

You better watch yourself! Or you'll be oot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement