Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview TV?

• 30-12-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an elderly person with a Walker 19" TV that has completely packed in.

Purchases this 9 years back and never had to touch it, not sure did it just auto update the frequencies.

anyway now i need to replace it.

Was looking at this tv :

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/logik-l20he18-20-led-tv-10172444-pdt.html

it does work with saorview from what i read in the manual.

however is there any disadvantage to this in relation to the walker model in terms of saorview. Particularly around re-tuning if frequencies change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apart from owning a number of TVs over the years Im no expert on them but if they can pick up Saorview now then there really shouldnt be an issue with re-tuning in the future. All TVs sold here have to be capable of receiving the Saorview channels.

Just having a look around and see that you can get a 24" Bush for €120 and a 22" Walker brand for €130. I know its a replacement for a 19" model but going a few inches more will make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I wouldn't recommend a Curry's own brand - Logik TV

I got one a few years ago for my sister and you have to enter a 4 digit code for it to work in Ireland and the time was one hour off, which could be confusing for non techy people

Argos have a 22" LG TV for €150 although it was €115 a couple of weeks ago, it might come down in price again as it's a 2018 model

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8435770/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome%2Bentertainment%2Band%2Bsat%2Bnav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭dubrov

Is it just Saorview (i.e. Irish TV) that is needed?

If so, I think every tv sold in Ireland has to be Saorview compatible.

Frequencies change real rarely and would just require a new scan. This would've applied to the Walker as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There was a frequency change recently. Both freqs are running side by side for a few more months. Maybe, for some reason, your TV dropped the original one and needs a re scan of the channels.

Either way an nice new slightly bigger TV would be nice too.

Advertisement