Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Shane Ross take a pay cut ?

Options
  • 30-12-2019 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

He's saying Mick McCarthy could take one

Will he do it himself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If the country is about to go out of business he should

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Wilfuler. wrote: »

Will he do it himself
    I think after hours would be a better forum to post your brainfarts

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jonny one

Wilfuler. wrote: »

Will he do it himself

Government ministers pay is already cut over 30% since 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Let's look at the figures

Shane Ross - Gross circa €175k. Fully taxed. Net after tax = circa €95k.

Mick McCarthy - Gross €1.2 MILLION. Paid gross for Mick to do an annual return and take advantage of whatever tax breaks are possible. Tax is probably paid in the UK to UK exchequer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

McCarthy's €1.2 million puts him above 19 of the managers at last year's world cup.

Managers of Belgium, Switzerland, Iceland, Croatia, Sweden, Serbia and Poland all earning less.

Ridiculous money really in comparison to what our idea of football 'success' is.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    McCarthy's €1.2 million puts him above 19 of the managers at last year's world cup.

Managers of Belgium, Switzerland, Iceland, Croatia, Sweden, Serbia and Poland all earning less.

Ridiculous money really in comparison to what our idea of football 'success' is.

Does he not finish up in the summer anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

salmocab wrote: »
    Does he not finish up in the summer anyway?

Yeah, after the Euros.

I wonder how much of a reduction is salary there will be for Stephen Kenny.

Yeah, after the Euros.

Might be to zero with no employer the way they are carrying on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah, after the Euros.

Massive I imagine as he doesn't have the same level of experience as McCarthy.

TBF to the FAI which is quite hard, when they take the approach of getting in an experienced manager that they pay a premium for we do actually qualify for tournaments.

Also to be fair to Uncle Dinny which is even harder he did stump up about 10 million in wages for the international team - Delaney publicly announcing his contribution wasn't required any more is pretty hilarious given what we now know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Must be a tough job. Writing 11 names on a bit of paper a handful of times a year. Watching Match-of-the-day the odd Saturday.

People used to moan about Mick O'Dywer getting a few Euro in travel expenses from Kerry to Kildare or Wicklow. But giving a few million to a ould fella who used to kick a ball around to do a part time job and not even have to train any teams seems retarded.

No wonder that "organization" (yeah yeah, irony) is broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why aren't they lynching Delaney he should be up in front of a judge for the embezzlement of everything he got but nope let's go after who's left rather than the crooked rats that left the sinking ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

The real pay cut that spoofer and useless poser Ross needs is to lose his seat. An utter tragedy that he will be playing the saviour of Irish soccer. And he will do it with taxpayers money and live off it politically for years.

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    The real pay cut that spoofer and useless poser Ross needs is to lose his seat. An utter tragedy that he will be playing the saviour of Irish soccer. And he will do it with taxpayers money and live off it politically for years.

He won’t be playing anything much longer, there will be an election soon and he will be very unlikely to come back as a minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

silver2020 wrote: »
    Let's look at the figures

Shane Ross - Gross circa €175k. Fully taxed. Net after tax = circa €95k.

Mick McCarthy - Gross €1.2 MILLION. Paid gross for Mick to do an annual return and take advantage of whatever tax breaks are possible. Tax is probably paid in the UK to UK exchequer.
    Better than being squandered in this banana republic !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Why aren't they lynching Delaney he should be up in front of a judge for the embezzlement of everything he got but nope let's go after who's left rather than the crooked rats that left the sinking ship.

I don’t understand why the government didn’t tell the fai, that if they gave Delaney another red cent , they would cease funding immediately and permanently!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

silver2020 wrote: »

What tax breaks do you have in mind?

How much would he earn in a championship club if he hadn't taken the Ireland job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I don’t understand why the government didn’t tell the fai, that if they gave Delaney another red cent , they would cease funding immediately and permanently!

Would create a precedent which could affect their own nest feathering down the line should they get kicked to touch. They see these contracts as sacrosanct as they've already assured their own security.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Its laughable watching the FAI, their workers and fans attack the government because it won't just roll over and open up taxpayers money for them to use to cover this disaster.

Not one cent of our tax money should go to giving this joke of an organisation a clean slate. Let UEFA and FIFA, who hate government intervention, come in and bail them out.

https://www.the42.ie/fifa-uefa-letter-fai-shane-ross-comments-4732181-Jul2019/ - July 2019 - Fifa and Uefa 'seriously concerned' over government interference on FAI

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

User142 wrote: »
    Its laughable watching the FAI, their workers and fans attack the government because it won't just roll over and open up taxpayers money for them to use to cover this disaster.

I am on a few of the fan forums and go to a good proportion of the away games. There are few if any fans advocating a government bailout. There are concerns being raised as to how anyone with an credibility can claim they did not know what was happening though. It has been common knowledge for years that the organisaton were incompetent and John Delaney has for a long time been reviled by the fans. I remember during the Stephen Staunton era hearing chants for Delaney out.

User142 wrote: »

Not one cent of our tax money should go to giving this joke of an organisation a clean slate. Let UEFA and FIFA, who hate government intervention, come in and bail them out.

https://www.the42.ie/fifa-uefa-letter-fai-shane-ross-comments-4732181-Jul2019/ - July 2019 - Fifa and Uefa 'seriously concerned' over government interference on FAI

Not a soccer fan but the grassroots shouldn't have to be wiped out. They should cut the upper echelons loose and either let them sink or let UEFA or fifa bail them out. A grassroots organisation should be developed and given moderate levels of funding with a government representative on the board of directors. Not a single cent should ever go to CEO's or the international team ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Imagine going out of your way to support millionaire sportsmen who have better lives than everyone in the stands. I prefer to attend concerts because you aren't there directly to support the rich person, they are there to entertain you. This is best seen at the end of events, in sport the players applaud the fans for supporting them whereas after a concert the crowd applaud the musicians for providing them with entertainment.

In sport entertainment isn't the main factor, fans would rather watch a boring 1-0 win than a 5-4 game that their team loses.

Imagine going out of your way to support millionaire sportsmen who have better lives than everyone in the stands. I prefer to attend concerts because you aren't there directly to support the rich person, they are there to entertain you. This is best seen at the end of events, in sport the players applaud the fans for supporting them whereas after a concert the crowd applaud the musicians for providing them with entertainment.

In sport entertainment isn't the main factor, fans would rather watch a boring 1-0 win than a 5-4 game that their team loses.

You appear to have posted this in the wrong place, imagine people liking different things to you.

Do you speak for all fans here?

The majority of the football games I goto I earn more than any of the players in the pitch. There is little money to be earned in playing football in Ireland. I goto away international games for a variety of reasons one of which is the entertainment factor. The fans applaud the players at the end of games too you know.
    Similarly at your concerts the singer will generally thank the audience at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I like sport you like concerts. Neither is right or wrong.

I like sport you like concerts. Neither is right or wrong.

I like both and generally applaud both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

threeball wrote: »
    Not a soccer fan but the grassroots shouldn't have to be wiped out. They should cut the upper echelons loose and either let them sink or let UEFA or fifa bail them out. A grassroots organisation should be developed and given moderate levels of funding with a government representative on the board of directors. Not a single cent should ever go to CEO's or the international team ever again.

I would be more involved in the GAA but It's sad that the kids and LOI clubs will suffer greatly. Delaney used the FAI as his own personal fund. In my opinion he has caused untold damage for generations to come. Everyone involved in football will suffer. If he doesn't get 10 years I will be disgusted.

I remember meeting him in Coppers on a Monday not long after Poland. He was in there with the brother. He bought me and my friends a pint (probably on FAI funds) and went out of his way to say that all that was written about his antics in Poland at the time were lies. Why would he be protesting his innocence so much to the likes of myself with little interest in soccer. I could smell the bull**** off him. That's his shtick, spread a few crumbs about whilst he pillages the treasure.

Odious cretin.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I would be more involved in the GAA but It's sad that the kids and LOI clubs will suffer greatly. Delaney used the FAI as his own personal fund. In my opinion he has caused untold damage for generations to come. Everyone involved in football will suffer. If he doesn't get 10 years I will be disgusted.

I remember meeting him in Coppers on a Monday not long after Poland. He was in there with the brother. He bought me and my friends a pint (probably on FAI funds) and went out of his way to say that all that was written about his antics in Poland at the time were lies. I could smell the bull**** off him. That's his shtick, spread a few crumbs about whilst he pillages the treasure.

Odious cretin.

He hasn't a hope of even seeing a charge let alone 10yrs. The white collar crowd make sure no one in their peer group ever gets justice in this country, a mutual back scratching society. Far more likely to see him getting paid to give after dinner speeches or appointed to the board of some company or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Shane Ross is independently wealthy (stockbroker) and probably worth more than Mick McCarthy. If he thinks MickMc should take a pay cut, then he should lead by example and take the equivalent pay cut. Otherwise, he should **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Boggles wrote: »
    Massive I imagine as he doesn't have the same level of experience as McCarthy.

TBF to the FAI which is quite hard, when they take the approach of getting in an experienced manager that they pay a premium for we do actually qualify for tournaments.

Also to be fair to Uncle Dinny which is even harder he did stump up about 10 million in wages for the international team - Delaney publicly announcing his contribution wasn't required any more is pretty hilarious given what we now know.

Trapattoni was an appalling manager. Ireland qualified because they got easy draws - the only teams they beat were Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra and Estonia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Shane Ross is independently wealthy (stockbroker) and probably worth more than Mick McCarthy. If he thinks MickMc should take a pay cut, then he should lead by example and take the equivalent pay cut. Otherwise, he should **** right off.

That's not how it works....

Advertisement