Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase overdraft - time to process

Options
  • 30-12-2019 3:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, can you tell me how long it takes to process an overdraft increase? I got approval email with the Docusign form and completed that on the 24th Dec, and the confirmation to say it has been completed, but it hasn't been processed yet.

I know it's the holidays, but just wanted to see will it be the new year before it gets completed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not commenting on the BOI response here but if you look online at your balance page, it will tell you there what funds are available to you, including an overdraft. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, been checking that, but it's not been applied yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Kiith,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Generally once your overdraft application is approved, the facility becomes available after 1-2 working days. We're really sorry that this has taken longer than expected as a result of the consecutive bank/public holidays at this time of year.

The above advice offered to you by a Boards community member is absolutely correct, once the overdraft is in place it will reflect in your "available funds" online. If you'd like to link in with our overdraft team to check on the status of the overdraft, you can get in touch on 0818200334 and an advisor will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement