Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demand Deposit Account with Pass Card

Options
  • 30-12-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

I've been using the same Blue and White Pass Card for aprox. 20 years or even longer and recently anytime I tried to withdraw cash I would always get a message saying -'temporarily unavailable'.

I basically gave up trying to get cash with this card after numerous attempts to do so.

Now in the last few weeks I'm getting this message saying 'temporarily unavailable' when i try and lodge a cheque. I'm getting this message on External ATM and Internal.

Are you trying to push me onto a BOI Current Account?

Do I need to  order a new card (it must be at least 20 years old in fairness)?

Will I be charged for a new card?

Just some additional info. I have used the card in the 24 months before 11 April 2019.

Please reply asap. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Delta2113,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty using your card. If you are registered for www.365online.com, you can select "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question", to order a replacement card free of charge. Alternatively, it would be necessary to link in with our customer service team who will be happy to arrange this for you. They are available on 0818365365.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks and happy New Year,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"The decision has been made to phase out these types of cards for future use. As you have not used your card in some time, we are unable to replace it for you. This is the reason you are having trouble using the card at this time. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Richard F - above is what i got back from Service Desk online. I am not accepting this.

I last successfully lodged a cheque using my card on 9 August 2019 and withdrew cash on 19 June 2019. Are you telling me that this is considered as "not used your card in some time".

As stated above in my initial post - "I have used the card in the 24 months before 11 April 2019."

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/save-and-invest/savings/instant-access-and-notice-accounts/demand-deposit-account/terms-and-conditions/dda-atm/

BOI switched off features on my card and never even bothered contacting me - terrible behavior.

I quote from above link - "If you hold a Demand Deposit Card which is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement card so long as you have used the card in the 24 months before 11 April 2019."

You are breaching your own terms and conditions by refusing me a new card.

Do I need to lodge a formal complaint Richard F or can you send me a new card as it states as per above link?

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif]I'm not letting this drop and will be happy to go to Financial Ombudsman if i have too. Hopefully you can just get a new card out to me.[/font]

Hi Delta2113,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’re sorry to hear that this has happened. Can we ask you to send another secure and send us a private message with the reference number? We will then escalate this with our online service team to look into this further for you and message you back with an update.

If you would like to log a formal complaint, below is a link to our complaints website:

https://form.bankofireland.com/bank-of-ireland-group-customer-complaints/

Thanks,

Richard

"Bank of Ireland: Richard F has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Richard F from the recipient list and send the message again."

Not my day is it - the Ref Number is  REF A9040111469441

Hi Delta2113,

We have sent you a pm from Bank of Ireland Reps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

Richard F - Do you have an update on the 2nd message that you told me to send to 365online Service Desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Delta2113,

We've responded to your private message.

Many thanks,
    Kat

I've responded to yours Kat as still no reply from that 2nd message.

"Date: Tue 31/12/2019      14:46
    Subject: [RefA9040111469441] Pass Card no longer working properly Part 2

Account: Savings Account ~ 6961
    Guys please just send me a new card. Richard F told me to message you again. Hi Delta2113, Thanks for getting back to us. We’re sorry to hear that this has happened. Can we ask you to send another secure and send us a private message with the reference number? We will then escalate this with our online service team to look into this further for you and message you back with an update. If you would like to log a formal complaint, below is a link to our complaints website: https://form.bankofireland.com/bank-of-ireland-group-customer-complaints/ Thanks, Richard"

Richard F has still not come back to me on this which he said he would chase up with BOI 365 Service Desk.

I can't be any clearer. If you refuse me a card a 2nd time - won't be happy but at least I can then lodge a formal complaint. I'm in limbo at the moment.

Please respond to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Delta2113,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please be assured that we have linked in with our customer service team to check on this for you and we will come back to you as soon as we have an update. We understand this is frustrating and we will certainly raise your feedback on this.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Advertisement

Middle off the working week now and still no update Kathryne? This is beyond a joke.

Hi Delta2113,

We're sorry that you have not received an update yet. We have gotten in touch with our online service desk and they have advised they have responded to you.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

With reports in recent days that BOI are planning to flog their retail ATM stock to euronet or an equivalent company, presumably people will no longer be able to use their savings account passcard down in the local Spar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

The BOI ATM card used to work at all atm machines. Now it only works in a few limited places. So if one of those is out of order the customer is highly inconvenienced. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Long_Wave wrote: »
    With reports in recent days that BOI are planning to flog their retail ATM stock to euronet or an equivalent company, presumably people will no longer be able to use their savings account passcard down in the local Spar ?
    Wait till Euronet start charging €3.95 fee per withdrawal. That's going to be the death of cash. Everyone who can, will do contactless instead

Hi Long_Wave,

Thanks for joining this thread.

There will be no change to our branch ATMs and passcards will still be able to be used at these locations.

Bank of Ireland is examining the potential sale of ATMs in non-branch locations. Passcards will only work in Bank of Ireland ATMs.

[font=Arial","sans-serif]There's no change to our ATM fees. You can find more information here.[/font]

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Hi Long_Wave,

Thanks for joining this thread.

There will be no change to our branch ATMs and passcards will still be able to be used at these locations.

Thanks,
    Richard

Yeah that's really useful for people who live in places like Tory island :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement