Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Werewolf Awards 2019 Awards Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks to TB and Baggly for hosting again this year, great awards, deserving winners in pretty much all the categories imo.

I will say I thought the Deadwood Goldrush mechanics were unlucky not to get a mention in the first award, but there was loads of awesome stuff this year.

Keep it rocking on into 2020 folks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

498737.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thanks for a great year everyone. A very happy New Year to you all!!

Uriel. wrote: »
    Good year for the forum.
    Great to see it continuing to grow from strength to strength.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Well done Baggly and Triceratops for organising the awards

Congrats to all the winners

Well done to all the game creators and mods for interesting complex and intriguing games

Well done everyone for playing as everyone one of ye make the games enjoyable and welcoming

And thanks for making the boards.ie experience more enjoyable :D:)

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    This year? GoT.

Last year, JP.

The year before I can't remember but she won the flavour award. Only flavour she is now is salty.

Missed this but the answer you are searching for is the Valentines game, Romeo & Juliet themed. Alongside Uriel.

I believe we deserve an encore in modding from them both to regain their crown ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thanks Baggly & TB.

I'm re-reading I'm A Celeb. I'd forgotten much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Baggly wrote: »
    1. Play werewolf
    2. Get cool role
    3. Get lynched
    4. Be happy

Sums up Batman for me! Was shot, not lynched. But still ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Thanks baggly and tb. Great show!

Congrats everyone on your awards :)

Not an award but for me given the circumstances

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112046597&postcount=1705

this by drummer was the funniest post the year it had me in stitches, even on read backs

• Advertisement

Congratulations All :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Next up, and in full costume fresh from a day's gaming are fixXxer, Mick and Skunk.

Some other gate crashers decided to join them...

Oh wait that's Barney and MrK!! And the little fella in the middle, why it's... it's Green&Red!!

tumblr_olspe7HWe51uuloayo1_400.gifv

Just catching up, not sure I’m happy with this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

That was great fun catching up, congrats to the winners and tbh to all involved.

Batman: Joint 2nd for Flavor & Overall game... I should be well chuffed (and I am) but what I take from that is...
    It4zVGQFCzix.gif

In other words
    giphy.gif

and you know what
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the mods for putting these games together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only getting a chance to catch up now but thank you everyone who voted for silent hill for ALL those awards. I was only hoping for best flavour. Thrilled to bits that it picked up so many other awards lol.

Serious pressure on now for the games I'm helping run in 2020 haha

Think I picked up best newcomer last year, very happy to pass the crown over to Clarabel although I had voted for khalessi myself. Thought khal played a brilliant game in both south park and silent hill.

Definitely want to see more of uriel next year too!

Thanks mods for a brilliantly ran awards show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I am sorry I missed these awards, thanks for letting me know Baggly.

I have such a terrible memory of these games, I only ever remember either playing badly or having little to no impact . . I had forgotten alot of the stuff mentioned on thread , its actually great reading through all the best bits., brings it all back.
    but there can only be one winner!! and there was no contest for the top spot our numero uno is.....

Hunger Games for Drumpot / Gertrude WW posting in the wrong backroom, outing herself as the convert - OMG Moment of the Year

God I remember that, I was so pumped after a workout and I dont think I was on anybodys radar . . Its because I rushed to my phone in the car park cause I was thinking about my next play while doing the workout!
    I have something even better

498719.PNG

:D:D:D

On first reading that, I was thinking "that looks familiar, what was that in reference to" ?! And then I was like "oh yeh" .
    :D Drumpot still hasn't forgiven me for my one.

Well done Strawbs and QB too :D

1ldiJ3I.gif?w=728&ssl=1

This is why every game I just default to "how to prove Necro is not bad", no chance you will ever be innocent until proven guilty in my eyes after this .. You broke my heart . .
    Now it's time to recognise the best digger out there with:

The Drumpot Award for deepest Tunnel

a934c0ce-8672-4b6e-9ab0-bbaac1e7705a.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=2199x1466&offset=1x0

There's only one winner here and the award goes to:

South Park - Conor WW on Tegan WW, Brendan WW on Doris WW

I actually cant remember that Tunnel and was convinced I had a "good year" tunnel wise as I have been trying very hard to reel in that affliction.

Thanks guys, this really is my favorite forum on boards, hands down and most if not all the people I like the most hang around these parts. Happy new year everybody

Advertisement