Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have just discovered Billy Idol

Options
  • 30-12-2019 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

I never understood how many good songs he wrote ,"dancing with myself" "hot in the city" "eyes without a face" "rebel yell" "white wedding""cradle of love"this kid had charisma,his videos are amazing. and he wrote or was main writer of all his hits, except mony mony which was a 60s hit

I am pissed I missed his gig in 2015

Any fans of his here? The sleazy Snyth on rebel yell is so cool. Guitar riff half way through "eyes without a face" is bad ass

Has anyone read his book?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Its rebel yell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seen him a few times, most memorable was when he headlined 2nd stage at donington about 15yrs ago, such a great set

All went a bit south for him after he was involved in that mid air fight in 2004, think adam sandler and drew barrymore were involved too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Would love to know what Hair Gel he recommends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seen him a few times, most memorable was when he headlined 2nd stage at donington about 15yrs ago, such a great set

All went a bit south for him after he was involved in that mid air fight in 2004, think adam sandler and drew barrymore were involved too

Did he piss in Adam Sanders cornflakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I always thought he was American but was actually English

Love White wedding and Rebell yell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

His book is god damn awful, avoid. I expected wild tales, read like Peter Pan.

Excellent live.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I never understood how many good songs he wrote ,"dancing with myself" "hot in the city" "eyes without a face" "rebel yell" "white wedding""cradle of love"this kid had charisma,his videos are amazing. and he wrote or was main writer of all his hits, except mony mony which was a 60s hit

I am pissed I missed his gig in 2015

Any fans of his here? The sleazy Snyth on rebel yell is so cool. Guitar riff half way through "eyes without a face" is bad ass

Has anyone read his book?

See if you can dig out his interview with Anton savage on today FM, it was epic and they struggled to keep it clean for 10am 😀

Found that interview. His openness and honesty and attitude is great

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/the-anton-savage-show/billy-idol

Nearly all his video interviews from the 80s he is high on something, but he is a straight talking, Fully authentic rock God

https://youtu.be/QAxx5QliDcM

Greatest video of the 90s? Directed by David Fincher.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I always thought he was American but was actually English
    Me too! I always presumed he was American trying to pretend he was English! I thought it was all an act

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I discovered Billy back in 2013. He has a lot of fantastic songs, and quite a few outstanding albums. I highly recommend these albums:

Billy Idol (1982)
    Rebel Yell
    Whiplash Smile
    Charmed Life

Of course 'Kings & Queens of The Underground' from 2014 was truly fantastic and definitely harked back to Billy's classic stuff. The other albums are bit patchy like Cyberpunk and Devil's Playground though. Also check out 'Don't Stop and Vital Idol, as they have songs you won't hear on the albums and great remixes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I seen him live in the Point in 1991. Absolutely sensational gig.

Advertisement