If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung RU8000 vs LG Oled

Options
  • 31-12-2019 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new TV, between 48" and 55".

This is to be used with a Yamaha YAS 207 soundbar (purchased from you earlier), and using a NVIDIA Shield as the main media player, with only some occasional use from a gaming pc.

For the Samsung RU8000, is there any difference in specifications between the 49" and 55" panels?
    Also, I understand that you offer a 6 year warranty, but are your current prices your best offer for delivery to Dublin? I can see the 55" model at 529 gbp delivered from (fullfiled by) Amazon, vs your 549 on the 49" model.

Alternatively, I'm considering jumping to a higher range and go for either the LG Oled B9 or C9 in 55". Am I correct in that the B9 is an older chip not compatible with NVIDIA Gsync?
    The C9 is currently priced at 1399 euro, which seems like a good deal, but for this price I'm a bit concerned about potential burn in.
    Has this been much of an issue, in terms of the feedback you have received from your clients on this and previous years models?

Finally, would all of these on their standard bases clear the Yamaha soundbar (in terms of not hiding the lower portion of the screen)?

Are there any other models you would recommend, on either price range?

Thanks,
    Looking forward to hear your feedback

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cromelex wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a new TV, between 48" and 55".

This is to be used with a Yamaha YAS 207 soundbar (purchased from you earlier), and using a NVIDIA Shield as the main media player, with only some occasional use from a gaming pc.

For the Samsung RU8000, is there any difference in specifications between the 49" and 55" panels?
    Also, I understand that you offer a 6 year warranty, but are your current prices your best offer for delivery to Dublin? I can see the 55" model at 529 gbp delivered from (fullfiled by) Amazon, vs your 549 on the 49" model.

Alternatively, I'm considering jumping to a higher range and go for either the LG Oled B9 or C9 in 55". Am I correct in that the B9 is an older chip not compatible with NVIDIA Gsync?
    The C9 is currently priced at 1399 euro, which seems like a good deal, but for this price I'm a bit concerned about potential burn in.
    Has this been much of an issue, in terms of the feedback you have received from your clients on this and previous years models?

Finally, would all of these on their standard bases clear the Yamaha soundbar (in terms of not hiding the lower portion of the screen)?

Are there any other models you would recommend, on either price range?

Thanks,
    Looking forward to hear your feedback
    Hi Cromelex.

Lets start with the pricing on the RU8000.
    For us to offer a price beat it needs to be alike for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee as well as shipping if it can not be collected locally.

Amazons pricing only includes the standard 1 year manufacturer warranty so we are unable to offer to beat their prices.

The 49RU800 is currently £549 or 649 Euro and the 55RU8000 listed at £599 or 679 Euro. These prices include delivery and our 6 year guarantee free of charge. The 55" is the better value for money and the Amazon price on this I have to say is a good price.
    There are some difference in spec between the 49" and 55" with the main one being the 55" is a 100Hzx panel and the 49" only 50Hz.
    The 55" also has faster motion processing.

Moving to OLED is a whole different ball game in all ways. The OLED's are far superior to the RU8000 range.
    As you say you can run the risk of screen burn but if handled correctly this shouldn't be an issue. There have of course been cases of this but its mainly been the older 6 and 7 series. Screen burn/image retention is not cover under the manufacturers warranty or our own 6 year guarantee.
    It's like the old Plasma technology which also suffered from screen burn if static images are left on the screen for too long.
    I myself have one of the older 55B7 OLED's and play a lot of games through it. If you make sure you take regular breaks and change the station for a few minutes. Also use the built in screen wipe and thing should be grand.

Regarding the B9 not being compatible with NVIDIA Gsync, to be honest I have not came up against this issue. This might be a question better suited to LG unfortunately. 
    From what I can gather online there was meant to be a firmware update to allow for this but I can't work out if it has been already released or not. There are many many forums discussing this.
    The C9 version seems to have no issues.

Outside of the LG OLED range there is the Sony 5AG8 which is also fantastic currently priced at 1479 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204097-sony-bravia-kd55ag8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Samsungs QLED's are also very good with no issues of screen burn and Samsung themselves offer a 10 Year screen burn warranty.
    The 55Q85 coming in at 1399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203943-samsung-qe55q85r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

The dimensions between the bottom of the TV's and the base of the stand would be as follows.
    49 & 55RU8000 - 63.4mm
    55B9 - 38mm
    55C9 - 33mm
    55AG8 - 20mm
    55Q85 - 83.8mm

The YAS207 is 60mm in height so it will block the bottom of all the OLED screens.

I hope this helps a little.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the extremely comprehensive reply!

I have given this some thought and read a decent bit, and for my usage I'm afraid of the OLED burn in becoming a problem in 2 years time.

Decided to go for the 55" RU8000.

Despite Amazon's slightly lower price, I'm going to be putting my order online with you (at 679 euro) , on account not only of the extended warranty, but also on the back of your excellent pre-sale service you provided here with all the info - definitely not something I could have gotten off Amazon.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the extremely comprehensive reply!

I have given this some thought and read a decent bit, and for my usage I'm afraid of the OLED burn in becoming a problem in 2 years time.

Decided to go for the 55" RU8000.

Despite Amazon's slightly lower price, I'm going to be putting my order online with you (at 679 euro) , on account not only of the extended warranty, but also on the back of your excellent pre-sale service you provided here with all the info - definitely not something I could have gotten off Amazon.

Thanks!
    Hi cromelex,

Thank you very much for the post and for the order!

Kenny is out of the office at the moment but I'll make sure to pass it on to him! If you have any issues at all with the order please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll get you sorted!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I only just had the chance to try and complete my order but I'm getting an out of stock error.

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]There is no longer stock available for one or more of your products. 2203950 No stock available

Are this still available for order over the phone, or are you restocking soon? 
    Looks like I had some bad timing!

Thanks[/font]

Hi David,

I only just had the chance to try and complete my order but I'm getting an out of stock error.

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]There is no longer stock available for one or more of your products. 2203950 No stock available

Are this still available for order over the phone, or are you restocking soon? 
    Looks like I had some bad timing!

Thanks[/font]
    Hey Cromlex.

Seems like the 55RU8000 has just went out of stock.

We currently have a request out for an ETA on more stock arriving. Once I get this I'll be straight in touch.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, I'll wait to hear back.

Thanks Kenny, I'll wait to hear back.
    Hey Cromelex.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Kenny,

I assume no update yet?

Was looking at a Samsung 55Q70R as a potential upgrade alternative at 949 euro but doesn't look like it's its stock either.

Could you let me know about expected date for that model too?

Thanks,

Hi Kenny,

I assume no update yet?

Was looking at a Samsung 55Q70R as a potential upgrade alternative at 949 euro but doesn't look like it's its stock either.

Could you let me know about expected date for that model too?

Thanks,
    Hi Cromelex.

Checked again this morning and still no incoming ETA on the 55RU8000

The 55Q70 would be a great alternative but it too is also currently our of stock.
    I think these will be a week or so away.
    There are 20 of them arriving on the 16th of Jan but that between 53 stores and any outstanding orders will get fulfilled before we get allocated stock.

I'll keep my eye on both for you.

Hi Kenny,

I assume there's no news on stocks?
    If that's the case, I might be tempted to just take the leap and go for the 55 Q80R.

I saw the cashback details and, while I don't need one, based on the price I could get full cashback on the Samsung HW-N300.
    Any chance of you being able to ship both together to Dublin?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I assume there's no news on stocks?
    If that's the case, I might be tempted to just take the leap and go for the 55 Q80R.

I saw the cashback details and, while I don't need one, based on the price I could get full cashback on the Samsung HW-N300.
    Any chance of you being able to ship both together to Dublin?

Thanks
    Hey Cromelex.

Had a check again this afternoon and still no update on the 55RU8000.

The 55Q70 & 55Q80 are both also currently out of stock. The QLED have been so popular that stock has been flying out the door.
    We are also chasing stock on these.

I have one 55Q60 current available and then it jump to the 55Q85.

We are actively chasing the ETA for these but Samsung themselves are short in their supply.

Hi Kenny,

Appreciate the reply.

Do you have stock on the Sony KD55XG9505 or would you recommend any other models with full diming up to the same price?

Is the 999 gbp or euro equivalent the most competitive price you can do on this?

Thanks again

Hi Kenny,

Appreciate the reply.

Do you have stock on the Sony KD55XG9505 or would you recommend any other models with full diming up to the same price?

Is the 999 gbp or euro equivalent the most competitive price you can do on this?

Thanks again
    Hey Cromelex.

The 9505 is a great television. The current £999 or 1179 Euro would be the best price on it though.

You could also check out the 55XF9005 although its 2018 it is an excellent television. It was given 5 star by What HiFi.
    Full 10 bit panel. The 9505 is only 8Bit to 2FRC
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203177-sony-kd55xf9005-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much for the help!

Took a while and a few change of choices but I've put in my order for the KD55XF9005. For the price difference I'm going to go with option. 

Sending you a pm with the order #, hopefully it'll make it here before next weekend!

Thanks

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much for the help!

Took a while and a few change of choices but I've put in my order for the KD55XF9005. For the price difference I'm going to go with option. 

Sending you a pm with the order #, hopefully it'll make it here before next weekend!

Thanks
    Hi cromelex,

Thank you very much for the order! I'll get back to you PM asap!

Kind regards

David

Hi!

Having had this Sony tv delivered Tuesday and having had the chance to test it a bit, can say I'm absolutely DELIGHTED! Dolby Vision is quite something, even compared to 'regular' HDR.

Just want to confirm that since I'm extremely happy with my purchase, I'm ok to dispose of the box, as if I ever need to use the warranty (hopefully not!) onsite assistance or collection is handled by you?

Thanks again!

Hi!

Having had this Sony tv delivered Tuesday and having had the chance to test it a bit, can say I'm absolutely DELIGHTED! Dolby Vision is quite something, even compared to 'regular' HDR.

Just want to confirm that since I'm extremely happy with my purchase, I'm ok to dispose of the box, as if I ever need to use the warranty (hopefully not!) onsite assistance or collection is handled by you?

Thanks again!
    Hi cromelex,

Thanks for the post, really happy to hear you love the TV, it is a great set!

I would keep the box at least for the first month or so. In the very unlikely event that anything goes wrong it means that while we are in the swap over period it can be transported without damage! You should be absolutely fine and after 30 days we will send an engineer to repair so you wouldn't need the box after that!

I'm just being overly cautious though!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.