Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic phone for elderly parents to use SIM in, with a few feature requests

Options
  • 31-12-2019 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a fairly basic phone that is unlocked.

My parents would be looking to add in a couple of hundred number into it with speed dial too.

Having a charging cradle would be IDEAL but not a complete dealbreaker.

The most important feature would be the phone having a decent loud speaker which has a dedicated loudspeaker button on the phone. so you're not faffing about in a menu to change over to loudspeaker.

I was looking at this one but I can't find how the loudspeaker works.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/UNIWA-Unlocked-Cell-Phones-Emergency/dp/B07HD6F9PS

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I can recommend the The Doro range of mobiles which are designed for the elderly. If you search Amazon for "Doro Mobile" they should come up. The NCBI shop in Drumcondra Dublin also stock some of them. I have given Doro mobiles to a few elderly relatives and they find them easy to use. Some of them have an emergency button on the outside which are great in case of a fall etc. The ones I gave could hold three emergency numbers to call.

I can't comment on how loud the speakers are or whether they take hundreds of speed dials.

Advertisement