Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American golf trip April

Options
  • 31-12-2019 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Any help on this would be great! I'll be in Texas in early April with work and afterwards am planning on spending about a week in the US for a golf holiday. Does anyone have suggestions/ideas of a good location for this time of year? There's obviously tonnes of great golfing towns in the US but at this time of year I presume I'm best to concentrate on the Carolina and Florida? We've done similar trips in the summer to California but I'm not sure where to target for best use of the days. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Arizona could be a good option. Tons of golf courses in the greater Phoenix area & it wont have gotten up to crazy temperatures by April.

If you wanted a day off from golf during it could also cram in a trip to the Grand Canyon while you're there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

If i were in Texas i would head for Champions golf course https://www.championsgolfclub.com/ .
    Founded by Jackie Burke Jr. and Jimmy Demaret.
    Steve Elkington lives there too. Not sure if you play or not but it would be worth a shot. One of the interesting things about becoming a member of that club is you have to be 15hcp or less to join. Aparrently it breeds better players.

Advertisement