Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Parkgate Street in Dublin 8 a safe place to live?

Options
  • 31-12-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, is Parkgate Street in Dublin 8 a safe place to live? Is it safe to walk alone from Heuston to the street at night?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes. It is a VERY short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Yeah its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Yeah, it’s safe. Definitely a lot worse places to live in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Parkgate Street is literally right around the corner from Heuston. It stops at the Criminal courts.
    Never heard of anything going bad there, you have pubs, a chipper and a bus stop all right there so its well lit and usually has people around.
    I've walked all the way up conyngham road from heuston many times. Never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Ryans and Nancy Hands are good spots, although there's a gob****e barman in Ryans I'm not that fussed on.

Not much in general goes on in that part of the city apart from Heuston Station and the Courthouse, Benburb St used to be a red light area but not anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's grand, just don't invest in magic beans or other wallet inspection services in the area, particularly around Heuston Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'd have no problem living there from a safety point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

dd973 wrote: »
    Ryans and Nancy Hands are good spots, although there's a gob****e barman in Ryans I'm not that fussed on.

Not much in general goes on in that part of the city apart from Heuston Station and the Courthouse, Benburb St used to be a red light area but not anymore.

Still the odd wigger flashing the leg there but otherwise quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksunshine

Thanks a million all you lovely people. I really appreciate it. That puts my concerns to sleep :)

Advertisement