Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dualshock 4 v2 issue

Options
  • 31-12-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just wondering if anyone is having the following issue and is there an easy fix. I've googled this and it seems to be quite common but I'm having an issue with my launch day dualshock 4 v2 that came with my Pro.

If I hold l2 the controller thinks I'm pushing the left analog stick up. I've reverted to using my old dualshock 4 that came with the original ps4 which apart from the worn sticks and rubbish battery life is working perfectly despite being so much older the v2.

My second question is I was surprised how dear new dualshock 4s are this late in the generation. I love the sunset orange colour but it's 60 euro anywhere in ireland. Any reputable places online? I found a site called Lee game accessories which has it for 44 but I cannot find a anything about them? Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Reset the controller,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

jones wrote: »
    Hi folks just wondering if anyone is having the following issue and is there an easy fix. I've googled this and it seems to be quite common but I'm having an issue with my launch day dualshock 4 v2 that came with my Pro.

If I hold l2 the controller thinks I'm pushing the left analog stick up. I've reverted to using my old dualshock 4 that came with the original ps4 which apart from the worn sticks and rubbish battery life is working perfectly despite being so much older the v2.

My second question is I was surprised how dear new dualshock 4s are this late in the generation. I love the sunset orange colour but it's 60 euro anywhere in ireland. Any reputable places online? I found a site called Lee game accessories which has it for 44 but I cannot find a anything about them? Any help much appreciated

That is exactly the same thing that happened my one from my pro. I’ve switched back to the old one also. Bought a new one in sales before Christmas which I haven’t opened yet. They are currently on sale in Curry’s. At least they were yesterday in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Damien360 wrote: »
    That is exactly the same thing that happened my one from my pro. I’ve switched back to the old one also. Bought a new one in sales before Christmas which I haven’t opened yet. They are currently on sale in Curry’s. At least they were yesterday in Naas.

Cheers had a look at Currys but still €54.99 for the white one (although regular black is €49.99). Anyone heard of that 'Lee game accessories' i cant find a thing about them online so a bit hesitant to use them.

@jonerkinsella I did reset my V2 last night but i haven't really tested it yet. I'll try give it a clean too see if it will sort it out. Thanks.

I'd prefer not to have to buy a new controller now with the PS5 here next Christmas but the Orange/white controller did catch my eye and assuming they'll work with the PS5 now i'm tempted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My son was telling me he couldn't buy one yesterday because they have been recalled everywhere due to technical issues.... I wonder if this is related?

Strange one here I can't seem to reset my ds4 I tried pin in the reset hole multiple times and holding it for 5 to ten seconds but the controller doesn't seem to be resetting actually nothing seems to happen I can still power on the ps4 by pressing the PlayStation button on the controller. Issue still present very annoying

• Advertisement

Just to update on my original issue I bit the bullet and picked up a new dualshock 4 in glacier white from currys. I reset my v2, took it apart and cleaned it and still the same issue so it's getting binned this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

jones wrote: »
    Just to update on my original issue I bit the bullet and picked up a new dualshock 4 in glacier white from currys. I reset my v2, took it apart and cleaned it and still the same issue so it's getting binned this evening.

Seems to be a fault with the dual shock analog. You could purchase another and solder it in but it's not the easiest of jobs and the analog copies aren't great.

bugs wrote: »
    Seems to be a fault with the dual shock analog. You could purchase another and solder it in but it's not the easiest of jobs and the analog copies aren't great.

Cheers i'm happy with my new fancy white controller i wasn't bothered soldering it plus i think there was two problems - the L2 button would think i was pressing up on the analog stick every time it was pressed - this wouldn't happen with any other button or even randomly. Seems to be a common enough fault in them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

I don’t suppose there is a recall or replacement program for these anywhere on the globe. Can’t imagine our US cousins accepting this. Long shot I know.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I don’t suppose there is a recall or replacement program for these anywhere on the globe. Can’t imagine our US cousins accepting this. Long shot I know.

I couldn't find anything as I was well out of warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement