Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received text from AXA meant for someone else

• 31-12-2019 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭

I just received a text from Axa (seems genuine as it says to not reply to it) meant for some else.

It says the name of the claims handler and that they will phone or write about further developments.

Should I just leave it or contact AXA that they have the wrong phone number?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd let them know if I were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just in case it's spam, I'd ring the main AXA number, ask for the claims handler and discuss it with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

coylemj wrote: »
    Just in case it's spam, I'd ring the main AXA number, ask for the claims handler and discuss it with them.

Appeared to be genuine as there was no links and it said to not reply,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd let them know if I were you

I called the 1890 number.

I have only a little credit left so I gave the reference number to the first person I could get in claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

If there's no quick way to reply I'd just delete it. Those companies post important letters so there's no benefit to anyone in you replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I called the 1890 number.

I have only a little credit left so I gave the reference number to the first person I could get in claims.

Fyi:
    From 1 December 2019, calls to 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 Non-Geographic Numbers (NGNs) will cost no more than calling a landline number and will be included in your bundle of call minutes if your bundle includes landline calls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement