Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VirginMedia website -full of third party trackers

• 31-12-2019 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Tried to login to VM website to pay a bill.
    Firefox stopped working and blocked me from doing my usual login.

checked the "noScript" application and I was shocked to find out how many sites knows that my user action is being watched by so many third party sites.
    Facebook, Google as usual, they "mirror"all and any action on the web.
    Bu tall the other sites...18 of them.... gosh no wonder access to internet /. to site is so very slow, waiting for all the background connections to establish and report my IP, my browser, my profile, my almost everything !!

Is that normal these days !??

498766.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

For a communications company the site is terrible. No matter what device I use it's always slow and throws up errors too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Kaspersky always reported it as a dangerous phishing site it wouldn't let me approve it either, I had to temporarily disable it to use the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Left VM 6 months ago.

Same bullshít with trackers and not being able to pay bill online.

If you have an alternative to VM might be better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can't even log in today.

Advertisement