Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people insure old beemers?

• 31-12-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

too young for classic but trying to insure old 01' 325i touring and AXA made me laugh
    1600 fully comp
    1690 for 3rd party :D
    i have tried few companies but looks like full NCB or pilot license from NASA ;) doesn't matter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭mikewest

multiscan wrote: »
    too young for classic but trying to insure old 01' 325i touring and AXA made me laugh
    1600 fully comp
    1690 for 3rd party :D
    i have tried few companies but looks like full NCB or pilot license from NASA ;) doesn't matter

Believe it or not until yesterday I was insuring a 02 520i touring with AXA for 870 per year TPFT (changed car). Ok I had it for 11 years. No other suggestions, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Whocare

Impossible .I was paying for 2005 320cd €1150 Had to change it to vw cc and now pay around 550 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Axa are a joke, they just quoted me 3k for a 2015 4 series. Hopped onto the phone with Liberty who quoted my 1100 for the same deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Axa are a joke, they just quoted me 3k for a 2015 4 series. Hopped onto the phone with Liberty who quoted my 1100 for the same deal..

AXA are not joking. They don't want your profile and quoted a high figure for you to go elsewhere. It's not personal, just business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

AXA are not joking. They don't want your profile and quoted a high figure for you to go elsewhere. It's not personal, just business

Try campions. They are a bitteen expensive but they will always come bck with some quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

thanks folks, after checking most of the ins companies and some brokers

AA came with figure just shy of 900 . I have tried to quote 09 320d for a laugh and it was actually 1000

its pure magic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mikewest wrote: »
    Ok I had it for 11 years.
    That seems to make quite the difference, and for good obvious reasons I suppose. "So you've run a Turbonutter Puppyeater 3000 for 20 years without incident, claims or points? OK then, you seem a good risk" versus "I don't know you from Adam, your last car was a base model Yaris and you want to insure a Turbonutter Puppyeater 3000 you just bought? G'way to feck". Makes sense.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement