Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous claim.

• 31-12-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

When I was changing insurance providers I was asked if I had a claim in the last 5 years. I answered honestly and said I didn't. I had a claim back in early 2014, which was also settled back in March 2014 but that is almost 6 years ago now.

The thing I'm worried about is that I received my Certificate of No Claims Bonus in the post today and even though the claim was back in 2014 its still showing up in Claim Details as a claim within the last 5 years. It also states that I have 5 Claim Free Years.

I'll be emailing in a copy of my No Claims Certificate to the new insurer so they'll see the claim. Im just worried that my insurance could be invalid as didn't disclose this older claim. Has this ever happened anyone else?. I've tried ringing both insurers but of course neither are picking up!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

No need to worry. It's over 5 years ago. Wont be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sure mine still shows from 8 years ago.... Also the paper it's written on isn't worth a sh1te as it's a trade policy and I can't use my no claims from 2004 on to go back to private.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Tzardine wrote:
    No need to worry. It's over 5 years ago. Wont be an issue.

Cheers, it just freaked me out when I saw it on the certificate. Said I'd ask just to be safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement