Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Helmet Needed.

Options
  • 31-12-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Happy new year to you all.

My old Spiuk helmet strap has broken.. already been repaired so its time for a new one.

I'm a leisure road cyclist. I want something decent with nice ventilation.

What do you all recommend. Id put budget up to €150

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have an Abus GameChanger, it’s an aero helmet and looks really good (mine is Matt black) and very comfortable to wear. I like that it’s not very common.

I also have a Uvex Ultrasonic Race which is super light and very well ventilated that I use during summer/warm weather but predominantly wear the Abus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd recommend Kask helmets for their excellent quality and their mojito model for both form and function.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

I have a Spiuk Zirion as my "good" road helmet and would absolutely recommend that one; but I picked up a Carnac Croix (from Planet X) and am pleasantly surprised by how nice it is for the price - just combine it with a few water bottles and a pair of bib shorts and/or a jersey, and it's very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Halfords had a sale prior to Christmas and plenty of well known branded helmets on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Giro Cinder MIPS helmet - you should be able to pick one up for just over 100 or possibly less.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLzDoT-iNmgErj2sAO78PGK42KtN3J935tHw7qMCfV4GpXS60bt5sb93tGO33oSkPXElww4aS9&usqp=CAc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I have a slightly different giro helmet (think it's a foray), can't fault it - looks well and very comfortable. Was around €65 on chain reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

23% vat on adult helmets here, zero in the UK, so if you use parcel motel or the likes then you can save a lot.

Advertisement