Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid MasterCard - where to buy?

• 31-12-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a prepaid MasterCard jb store and top up with cash?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sign up to Curve. They'll give you a free Mastercard and just use your visa or revolut behind it.
    An excellent system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: more suited to the banking forum. Please take note of the charter in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a prepaid MasterCard jb store and top up with cash?
    Thanks in advance.

If top up with cash is your only option than get ready for loads of fees as the option is really expensive.

If you want to load as you go:
    Swirlcard offers a card you can get in a shop and load for 2.99 (10-350€) or 3.99 (350-550€) in cash but every transaction you do with the card costs you 2.95% of the transaction (0.75€ minimum up to 2.95€ maximum).

Paysafecard offers a mastercard for 9.90€ that you can load in cash for a whopping 4% with no transaction cost (beside ATM/currency conversion).

Three offers a card if you are a customer for a whopping 3€ a month and cash topups costing 2€ to 4.50€ plus loads of other fees (a 1% contactless fee for example)

If it's a one time thing.
    Swirlcard offers a Gift card you can load ONCE or 2.99 (10-350€) or 3.99 (350-550€) with no usage fees.

Several shopping centers offer a mastercard branded gift card that you can use anywhere, cost vary.

There are better variants out there if you can top up via an existing debit/credit card or bank transfers.

But if cash is you only option than above is what is on offer, not that I would recommend any of these unless you are really desperate to do cash transactions.

Advertisement