Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK independent financial advisor - work in Ireland?

• 01-01-2020 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My husband is an independent financial advisor in the UK. We currently live in Scotland but I would love to move back to Ireland. He’s very well qualified here and has a good job. I don’t think I will convince him unless I can show him that he can get a similar level job in Ireland. Does anyone have any advice? It seems qualifications and jobs are quite different in Ireland. He is fellowship qualified in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Have you given any thought to living and working in Northern Ireland? Your husbands qualifications would carry over no issue and you would be just be a drive away from home. Dublin is only about 1hr 30mins from Belfast. (Not sure where in Ireland you were looking at moving to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

You need to sit and pass QFA exams to work in Ireland - there are some ways around this to allow you work while you are studying for the exams such as direct supervision etc and someone else signing off on your advice but he will have to pass the QFA exams. The good news is they are the easiest exams I have ever sat, multiple choice exams, I was done with them all in 45 mins out of an allotted 2 hours, except for the last which is a written exam. There are 6 of them in total to be a QFA and if he is experienced in the industry he should have no issue. He can sit all 6 together if he wants and they are on every 4 months. I sat them in 2 lots of 3 exams

The exams are

Life Insurance
    Pensions
    Investments
    Regulation
    Loans
    Financial Planning

You need to register with either the institute of bankers or the life insurance association to do the exams

Advertisement