Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Penalty Points impact to insurance?

Options
  • 01-01-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently received 3 penalty points (for being 7km/hr over the limit on am empty dual carriage way going down hill after the crest, madness!) and am wondering what impact this has?

Am I required to notify? I googled and the govermental citizens info website said I only am required to disclose at my next renewal when it comes to points / car insurance.

Is this right? Am I still covered?

How do just 3 points affect pricing? Is there a standardised percentage increase? A flat rate on top? I think the points will only be there for 3 years but would there be any long-term implications thereafter?

I have had no claims since I began driving years ago and this is literally the only incident!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Hi,

I recently received 3 penalty points (for being 7km/hr over the limit on am empty dual carriage way going down hill after the crest, madness!) and am wondering what impact this has?

Am I required to notify? I googled and the govermental citizens info website said I only am required to disclose at my next renewal when it comes to points / car insurance.

How do just 3 points affect pricing? Is there a standardised percentage increase? A flat rate on top? I think the points will only be there for 3 years but would there be any long-term implications thereafter?

I have had no claims since I began driving years ago and this is literally the only incident!

Sure don’t u know anyone with insurance has no penalty points just ask the insurance companies!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Had no impact on my renewal quote whin I informed them.

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Hi,

Hi, 

Yes you are required to notify us we will update this at renewal for you. 

Can you please PM me your policy number or car registration and the dates of when you received the penalty points. 

I can't advise of the impact on your premium until closer to your renewal date.

Thanks Rachel

Advertisement