Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Architect on site - how often?

• 01-01-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

How often would you expect an architect to be on site for the construction stage of a build (not listed structure, approx 350k budget)

Also, how often should you expect to be on site?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Darragh

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,873 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Depends on what you want them to do.

Sign off for mortgage stage payments? .... About 8 visits.

"Supervision" of the builders work?... About once a week min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

darraghz wrote: »
    Also, how often should you expect to be on site?

I'd say every single day. Unless you completely trust your builder, which I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Oh this is an easy question. As often as you've paid them to be present.

If you want them there every day like the poster above suggests, expect to pay an astronomical fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

If you want them there every day like the poster above suggests, expect to pay an astronomical fee.

I said you should be there every day, not the architect. No one will care more about how well your house is built than yourself.

On my build, the architect dropped in at least once a week.
    I've worked on jobs before where the architect only dropped in once a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

being a builder myself i would say make sure you have a Good builder

no amount of supervision makes bad work good

if you can get a builder recommended by your architect/ engineer all the better

if he has done heaps of work in the local area over a period of 10-20 years and has ciri registration you should have peace of mind

most important inspections an engineer can do is right before something is covered up, so its important to inspect foundations and right before the house will be slabbed and plastered.

the builder should be ringing the engineer to come out as required

• Advertisement
Advertisement