Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the work situation?

Options
  • 01-01-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Is Oz still taking in foreign workers, we are thinking of heading there for a year to work. We’re both of the more mature variety 😄 so not sure if Oz is accepting applicants. He works in the building industry and me the Spa/wellbeing industry but only newly qualified). We were thinking of Perth but maybe there are more opportunities in Sydney? Just testing the waters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Is Oz still taking in foreign workers, we are thinking of heading there for a year to work. We’re both of the more mature variety 😄 so not sure if Oz is accepting applicants. He works in the building industry and me the Spa/wellbeing industry but only newly qualified). We were thinking of Perth but maybe there are more opportunities in Sydney? Just testing the waters.
    What do you mean by mature? Over 35 rules you out of the WHV. Husband might be able to get a skilled visa depending on what he is qualified at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Is Oz still taking in foreign workers, we are thinking of heading there for a year to work. We’re both of the more mature variety �� so not sure if Oz is accepting applicants. He works in the building industry and me the Spa/wellbeing industry but only newly qualified). We were thinking of Perth but maybe there are more opportunities in Sydney? Just testing the waters.

Applicants for a working Holiday? yep they even going to add bunch of new eligible countries as well.
    • India
    • Brazil
    • Mexico
    • Philippines
    • Switzerland
    • Fiji
    • Solomon Islands
    • Croatia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Andorra
    • Monaco
    • Mongolia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Filling this out to see what visa you are eligible for will be your first step:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/work

You will almost definitely be relying on your partner's qualifications as qualifications without experience will probably not get you a visa.

Advertisement