Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrolyte Tabs without Sweetners

Options
  • 01-01-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for some Electrolyte tablets that don't have sweetners in them.

I've just been reading and listening to a few things about how sweetners can potentially affect the Gut Flora.

High 5 is what i had been using but has sucralose

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I use Nuun electrolyte tablets
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/nuun/

They contain stevia leaf extract which is a plant-based sweetener, i.e. non-artificial. If you want your electrolyte tablets to be sugar-free though, Nuun tablets do contain a small amount of dextrose (which is glucose) in order to speed up the absorption of the minerals.

Another option would be to buy electrolyte powder which literally only contains sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium
    https://www.myprotein.ie/sports-nutrition/100-essential-electrolyte/10529892.html

No sweeteners, no sugar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

buy lo salt which is a potassium based salt and mix it with regular salt and add it to your water, covers the basics

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

silverharp wrote: »
    buy lo salt which is a potassium based salt and mix it with regular salt and add it to your water, covers the basics

You are on long term keto and IF, right? Do you still have to take salt water drinks every day? If so how much salt are you adding a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

RogerThis wrote: »
    You are on long term keto and IF, right? Do you still have to take salt water drinks every day? If so how much salt are you adding a day?

i generally try to just add salt to my food, if I go to the Gym ill put a teaspoon of mixed salt in a bottle

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I use the electrolyte powder linked above. Not because of sweetner concerns (as I don't believe anything has been proven), purely on cost/ value for money*!

*I mix it with cordial or flavour drops if having it just as electrolyte.

• Advertisement
Advertisement