Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlete training comparison

Options
  • 01-01-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

As a new triathlete I find the balance hard between the 3 sports , I used to predominantly run but now mixing it up my running volume is well down on previous years. Should we put the same time equally into all 3 sports?

It would be interesting to hear from experienced triathletes how 2019 was for them and to see what time they allocate to each discipline.

For me

Run 1709km - 149 hours
    Bike 5050km - 189 hours
    Swim 226km - 74 hours

So swimming is less than half the time of running , I would expect that . But no idea if I have the right ratios.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I’m by no means an expert but I would imagine there is no single, straightforward answer. IMO, it would depend on (a) your goals...ie, where are you aiming on the scale from wanting to win the race to “just get around”, and (b) what type of races will you be doing...ie, the importance of each discipline likely varies between a sprint and a full IM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

EDit wrote: »
    I’m by no means an expert but I would imagine there is no single, straightforward answer. IMO, it would depend on (a) your goals...ie, where are you aiming on the scale from wanting to win the race to “just get around”, and (b) what type of races will you be doing...ie, the importance of each discipline likely varies between a sprint and a full IM.

And where your weaknesses are.

Advertisement