Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's a wonder var didnt chalk it off and award utd a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's the worst assist I've seen, assuming itll be classed as an assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭This is it

Jesus Mane nearly makes a mess of it after some great work closing down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'll put that in the seen them given category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another gift. 1 - 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The greatest sports team in the observable universe are losing 1-0

A major enquiry is incoming
    Nah. Think people would have the basic sense to wait until the end of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

noodler wrote: »
    Wow.

Don't let bias get in the way of your some good winding up

As mentioned, I remember you saying Mane push against Norwich was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

niallo27 wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Why bring Utd into a match between Liverpool V Bournemouth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

RasTa wrote: »
    As mentioned, I remember you saying Mane push against Norwich was fine

I should have come on here after the Everton the game and added to the bile by just living and saying I thought Sigurdson wasn't interfering with play.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Why bring Utd into a match between Liverpool V Bournemouth?

It's a general premier league thread not a match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I should have come on here after the Everton the game and added to the bile by just living and saying I thought Sigurdson wasn't interfering with play.

Should've done, you were missed :(

When Cook went off the others stopped playing.

The greatest sports team in the observable universe are losing 1-0

A major enquiry is incoming

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm sure all the centre back experts in this thread that appeared over the last 20 mins will also be quick to come in and talk about how brilliant VVD did for that goal.

Best player in the league again this season.

Fine by me if you did. Not my fault you get so upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Let's be honest Liverpool are a great side, not as good as the invincibles or the treble winners but great none the less. Mane is quality, I hope arsenal put a bid in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

It's a general premier league thread not a match thread.

Its becoming more of a pissing contest than a premier league thread.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Let's be honest Liverpool are a great side, not as good as the invincibles or the treble winners but great none the less. Mane is quality, I hope arsenal put a bid in for him.

£150,000,001?

Its becoming more of a pissing contest than a premier league thread.

It's both sides trying, badly, to wind up the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure he'd be bothered playing for a mid table team and EL anymore. Sure he left Southampton because the wanted to play for a top team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

When your man on bt, Peter Walton guy says it was a mistake you know something is up. First time I have heard him say the ref has made a mistake.

Didn't hear him say that... though he said it was subjective. If he did, it's rather ironic seeing as the Ref got it correct imo.

Overall though i agree with you. He agreed with the Ref and VAR for that bad tackle a few weeks ago that only resulted in a yellow. When VAR admitted they made a mistake later in the match, he also changed his tune and said it should have been a red!

Degag wrote: »
    Didn't hear him say that... though he said it was subjective. If he did, it's rather ironic seeing as the Ref got it correct imo.

Overall though i agree with you. He agreed with the Ref and VAR for that bad tackle a few weeks ago that only resulted in a yellow. When VAR admitted they made a mistake later in the match, he also changed his tune and said it should have been a red!

When they brought him in 5 minutes later he said it was a clear and obvious foul.

TAA not 100% today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭893bet

Jesus April’s 1st is a bit off yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Why stop at just bidding for Mane, go for Messi and De Bruyne as well. Am sure they would jump at the change to join Arsenal.

Why stop at just bidding for Mane, go for Messi and De Bruyne as well. Am sure they would jump at the change to join Arsenal.
    Arsenal are closer to losing Aubameyang than signing anyone like Mane.

Arsenal are closer to losing Aubameyang than signing anyone like Mane.

Aubameyang is wasted at a club fighting for top 10. He needs to move for his own sake. He'll never win a league or champions league at Arsenal.

Wow this level of bitterness is crazy, the mad thing is that it seems to just be from one set of supporters, go figure.

6 wrote: »
    Aubameyang is wasted at a club fighting for top 10. He needs to move for his own sake. He'll never win a league or champions league at Arsenal.
    16 years since Arsenal won the league, and are 6-7 players away from even challenging.

Wow this level of bitterness is crazy, the mad thing is that it seems to just be from one set of supporters, go figure.

:D

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    :D

There mustn’t be a mirror in Orange2’s house to see the true bitterness :)

[IMG][/img]F0-AB62-D3-F254-49-B7-A531-A3-B160-BA270-C.jpgthe host gif

16 years since Arsenal won the league, and are 6-7 players away from even challenging.

So true, but hopefully we won’t have to wait another 14 years. 30 years is some drought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So true, but hopefully we won’t have to wait another 14 years. 30 years is some drought!

Is your argument really. Our drought is bad but yours was worse?

Realistically it could be even longer. We had a few champions leagues to quench the thirst along the way.

Drought is over, league is won.
    I can easily see another 14 years for Arsenal, maybe longer.

Is your argument really. Our drought is bad but yours was worse?

It’s not an argument. Just think it’s ironic a Liverpool fan pointing out that it’s been 16 years since Arsenal won a title, when it took them 30 years.

If teams like Leicester and liverpool can win a league any team can

893bet wrote: »
    Realistically it could be even longer. We had a few champions leagues to quench the thirst along the way.

Yeah not disagreeing with any of ya there. But 14 years is a ridiculously long time, so anything could happen. Only a fool would be able to say what could happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah not disagreeing with any of ya there. But 14 years is a ridiculously long time, so anything could happen. Only a fool would be able to say what could happen.
    Eh, anyone can say what could happen.
    I’m basing it off where Arsenal are. It was them and Utd, then Chelsea came along, then City, now Liverpool. Even Spurs passed them out.
    Arsenal are miles off competing at the top level of the PL, and may lose their best player this summer. Thats just logic, foolish to suggest otherwise.

Even when Liverpool weren’t winning the league, they won the UEFA Cup and 2 CLs. Arsenal haven’t even got that to fall back on.

Even when Liverpool weren’t winning the league, they won the UEFA Cup and 2 CLs. Arsenal haven’t even got that to fall back on.

What’s that got to do with looking like winning the league anytime soon? Liverpool won a champions league in 2005 (15 years ago) the UEFA cup 2001 (19 years ago) how is that any way relevant? Arsenal won three FA cups the past few years to fall back on.

Completely pointless statement. Has nothing to do with how Liverpool got to where they are now. Liverpool were miles off the pace only 3 or 4 years ago.

You don’t have a clue what the league is going to look like over the next 4 years.

Ah yeah we all seen Leicester where going to win the league after finishing 17th the year before. Some of the stuff out of Liverpool fans mouths in here warrants ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RasTa wrote: »
    Ah yeah we all seen Leicester where going to win the league after finishing 17th the year before. Some of the stuff out of Liverpool fans mouths in here warrants ridicule.

They are trying to get a rise out of someone who is basically doing the exact same thing

What’s that got to do with looking like winning the league anytime soon?
    Cause those teams showed they could win big trophies. Those teams would eventually challenge for the PL. None succeeded, but there was growth. As per this team, getting to the EL, then the CL, then winning the CL; now winning the PL.
    Arsenal won three FA cups the past few years to fall back on.
    Which got the manager fired. Be realistic.
    You don’t have a clue what the league is going to look like over the next 4 years.
    It’s called projection. I don’t know for definite, nobody does, but anyone can you can speculate based on the current situation and project forward. Arsenal currently sit well behind City and Liverpool, and I would say Utd, Chelsea, Spurs as well. They’ve to catch up to Leicester as well. Could they significantly improve in 4 yrs to challenge? Yes. Will they? IMO extremely unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

At this stage Arsenal are on a par with Everton and Burnley. Their target for next season should be to improve to the level that Wolves and Sheffield Utd are at now.

• Advertisement

There mustn’t be a mirror in Orange2’s house to see the true bitterness :)

Please leave your mother's spareroom and ask her if you can use the mirror on her dresser and have a good hard look at yourself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Winning the league at a canter and still United are in your mind.

At this stage Arsenal are on a par with Everton and Burnley. Their target for next season should be to improve to the level that Wolves and Sheffield Utd are at now.

Be careful now.
    When you’re up there there’s only one direction you can fall. Remember last season.

Nah. It’s all to play for in the league from 4th down. Ridiculously close in points. A lot of football to be played.

Get in !!!

9 more points requited for the title!

Loaded guns shooting too early today :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement