Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

God I love when Pep is pissy in interviews.

Fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Guardiola's interview is embarrassing. Such a sore loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pep has the huff bigtime.

• Pep looks triggered

Shanotheslayer

Sorry just felt like a random name check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A classic passive aggressive post match interview from Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Martin Tyler called United’s win “heroic”.

Never change Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

2 more wins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

A classic passive aggressive post match interview from Pep.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

bangkok wrote: »
    He has had some turn around. Utd good to look at again

Great result for everyone, except City obviously.

I'll remind everyone that this time last year, Ole and the gang were flying too. This current run will give him another year or so at the wheel, but is him and Phelan and Co really what United need to get close to the top again? Personally I'd say no, which is why I'm delighted personally he's enjoying a good few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    2 more wins :)

And if it does happen like that it would mean winning it at Anfield v Palace, the earliest it's ever been won, with a trip to the Etihad in the next league game for a guard of honour from the classy City players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pep looks triggered

Shanotheslayer

Sorry just felt like a random name check

I missed the interview so didn't get the joke so if anybody has a link that be great :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I missed the interview so didn't get the joke so if anybody has a link that be great :pac:
    His name call called out randomly earlier.
    8-10 people wouldn't notice
    🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Well done to Ole then? Maybe the whole 'bad man jose' were on the ball all along! Roll on next Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jacool wrote: »
    His name call called out randomly earlier.
    8-10 people wouldn't notice
    🙄

What now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that young Chelsea lad Billy Gilmour looks a real prospect. Need Spurs to sack Mourinho so he can go back to Chelsea, sell Gilnour to Italy so we can pick him up cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ole at the wheel for another season? brilliant.

2 more wins and 30 years of hurt is over. Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not a chance that Arsenal will take anything off City.

2 more wins it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

would a win against City do it?
    sudden death winner takes all death match
    except we have several more chances after
    so not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    would a win against City do it?
    sudden death winner takes all death match
    except we have several more chances after
    so not really

Liverpool have 2 games before the City game win those and its done

• Advertisement

• 8-10 wrote: »
    What now?

Ja-it's-cool

• I missed the interview so didn't get the joke so if anybody has a link that be great :pac:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/51791087

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

rob316 wrote: »
    Ole at the wheel for another season? brilliant.

2 more wins and 30 years of hurt is over. Beautiful

Ole has done a good job and fully deserves another year. Clear as day to see he is building something good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ole has done a good job and fully deserves another year. Clear as day to see he is building something good

No point in rushing into it when there is no need to,

Results lately have been v promising (bar Everton last week) but United still on course for their worst PL record ever.

Signings have been so far so good. On the field performances less than impressive a lot of the time.

The squad is there, they need a top class manager to get the best out of them 100% of the time.

No point in rushing into it when there is no need to,

Results lately have been v promising (bar Everton last week) but United still on course for their worst PL record ever.

Signings have been so far so good. On the field performances less than impressive a lot of the time.

The squad is there, they need a top class manager to get the best out of them 100% of the time.

A top class manager like van gaal or jose?

First time since fergie that there actually looks like a plan in place and every player is fully behind the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't see him sticking City out if no CL next season and they get knocked out in this season...

• Advertisement

• Fieldog wrote: »
    I don't see him sticking City out if no CL next season and they get knocked out in this season...

I agree. If there were financial restrictions put in place it won't be something he would like to deal with either

Very interesting to see where he moves to next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I agree. If there were financial restrictions put in place it won't be something he would like to deal with either

Very interesting to see where he moves to next

Back to BCN I'd say if their current manager doesn't do the business, can't see him going back to Bayern, not many teams with enough cash for him....

Italian league possibly?

First time since fergie that there actually looks like a plan in place and every player is fully behind the manager

I'm not sure who right now but I'm not being paid the big bucks to make that kind of decision.

Players might be fully behind the manager but that doesn't mean shít in the long run if United can't be beating teams like Burnley at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Juve will be looking for Pep towards the end of the season I'd say

I'm not sure who right now but I'm not being paid the big bucks to make that kind of decision.

Players might be fully behind the manager but that doesn't mean shít in the long run if United can't be beating teams like Burnley at home.

Long term anyway ole looks like he has finally laid some plans and there are def signs of improvement. There is no doubt about that. There is always a chance of a gew freak results like watford 3-0 liverpool last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, would have to figure Juve or back to Barca next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Baggly wrote: »

Pep having to phase out an aging Ronaldo would be funny

If sarri wins seria A its hard to see them sack him. Doubt pep would go back to italy as well after his drug ban

Could see him going to PSG next tbh

League a given to add to the trophy collection, bags of money to try win the Champions League which is what the club want the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Let’s not get carried away here. They were lucky to get away with a draw last week. And today they played an extremely poor city team without their talisman. Huge decision coming as to whether to keep ole on or not.

League a given to add to the trophy collection, bags of money to try win the Champions League which is what the club want the most.

Don’t think PSG would appeal to him. Plus, why would you hire a manager to win something he has been able to do for years...despite all the resources available to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

United have 45 points with 9 to go
    There worst ever finish is 65 points,
    They could have the poorest ever Premier leauge points total

Standards have dropped off so my h people actually think Ole is good now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

bangkok wrote:
    If sarri wins seria A its hard to see them sack him. Doubt pep would go back to italy as well after his drug ban

Like City, ironically, the league is the minimum for Juve. It's the CL they want. As I say....kinda ironic if they go for Pep on this basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Every player are you sure about that

One player has had an ankle injury, been seen dancing at a wedding and playing basketball and not played in months

Gomes had his leg hanging off at the same time and is back playing

Also the same player has had his agent mouthing off without doing anything about it

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Every player are you sure about that

One player has had an ankle injury, been seen dancing at a wedding and playing basketball and not played in months

Gomes had his leg hanging off at the same time and is back playing

Also the same player has had his agent mouthing off without doing anything about it

I didnt know you were a doctor

• Advertisement

United have 45 points with 9 to go
    There worst ever finish is 65 points,
    They could have the poorest ever Premier leauge points total

Standards have dropped off so my h people actually think Ole is good now

Its been a strange season. Who would have said arsenal would be in 9th place at this stage if the season or liverpool so far ahead of everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Allegri won his 5th in a row last summer with them & still got sacked. Sarri won't be curing their European woes this season either.
    I dont think Pep cares about the league as long as they are in Europe that's the priority now. If they have Laporte & De Bruyne fit they shouldn't fear too many teams in Europe now.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Allegri won his 5th in a row last summer with them & still got sacked. Sarri won't be curing their European woes this season either.
    I dont think Pep cares about the league as long as they are in Europe that's the priority now. If they have Laporte & De Bruyne fit they shouldn't fear too many teams in Europe now.

If pep couldnt win the european cup with bayern or city i doubt he would do it with juve either. Id say juve will give sarri 2-3 years anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Pep will stay at City beyond the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Yea.... Was wondering about that earlier.

Will he go from one sportwash regime to another? From the frying pan built on the back of a dodgy UAE regime, to another one built by Qatar? Maybe he will, maybe not I don't know. How would the nice lads from Abu Dhabi take to him changing sides I wonder, would there be any problems for Pep by doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If your a United fan and you want to ask is ole the right man. Ask yourself could he win ye a league title or champions league? I don't see it and that's where United need to and want to go.

rob316 wrote: »
    If your a United fan and you want to ask is ole the right man. Ask yourself could he win ye a league title or champions league? I don't see it and that's where United need to and want to go.

He’s having a pretty good run right now. Add two or three quality players in the summer and they will have made a big step in the right direction. Champions league would help make sure the right players can be attracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its been a strange season. Who would have said arsenal would be in 9th place at this stage if the season or liverpool so far ahead of everyone else

Lampard is still being questioned at Chelsea it's his first job and he has spent zero,
    Ole has spent 200 million since last season already had Dé Gea, Pogba, Rashford, Martial and other decent players

Aand is currently battling it out with wolves and Sheffield United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭This is it

Lampard is still being questioned at Chelsea it's his first job and he has spent zero,
    Ole has spent 200 million since last season already had Dé Gea, Pogba, Rashford, Martial and other decent players

Aand is currently battling it out with wolves and Sheffield United

As bad as United have been, and as inept as Ole has been, they're 3 off 4th and only 5 off 3rd with Leicester in terrible form, though they have a game in hand.

They're battling it out with Wolves and SU because the likes of Spurs and Arsenal are absolutely crap this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ole record in big games is actually good. It’s the lesser teams he has a problem with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement